Flame Retardent Breasts

by Satanus 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

A recent study of the breasts of women in san fransisco:

Bay Area women have three to 10 times greater amounts of a chemical flame retardant in their breasts than either European or Japanese women, says a study by California scientists published Tuesday.

PBDEs, or polybrominated diphenyl ethers, are persistent organic pollutants that have been increasing worldwide in humans and wildlife over the last 10 years.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/03/12/MN137868.DTL

I suppose this is good news for breast lovers, especially those living in california. It must add a sense of safety to their recreational activities. A question comes to mind though, why would god create women's breasts in such a way as to make them collect a flame reatardent chemical? Ahhh, god works in mysterious, but wonderful ways. His ways are beyond knowledge.

SS

• Mac
    Mac

Well, I now know where to take shelter in case of fire!

mac

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Well I guess this makes my deep seeded fear of falling into a lit birthday cake and setting my breasts on fire seem irrational and moot.

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

ummm.... 2 for non-smoking please.

• Maverick
    Maverick

This post is flaming ridiculous, what a boob! Maverick

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

There is a subject that has not been addressed here, could these substances be causing other, perhaps long term problems??

Well I guess this makes my deep seeded fear of falling into a lit birthday cake and setting my breasts on fire seem irrational and moot

Joanna, this study was done in San Francisco, I doubt if the stuff has reached you yet, so suggest you be careful around fired up birthday cakes. Bug.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, this thread is responsible for some really weird mental images of what would happen if a San Francisco female protester set herself on fire.

Nina (of the Can't-Show-That-On-The-Pax-Channel class)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    There is a subject that has not been addressed here, could these substances be causing other, perhaps long term problems??

Yes they could. Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) are stable chemicals that are not found in nature. Once they get into the food chain, their concentration increases at every level. They do not break down easily and will be around for a long time.

Unfortunately, such chemicals are only banned after they are proven to be harmful, by which time, of course, it is too late.

• TR
    TR

Well, this assures me that some HOT women's breasts won't spontaneously combust.

TR

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

That explains everything!! I could'nt figure out why my breast stopped smoking when I moved to the Bay area...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit