Captives of a Concept Anatomy of an Illusion'

by Charles Gillette 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Understanding the Illusionary Concept That Holds Jehovah's Witnesses Captive. "There is only one thing that needs to be known about the Watchtower Society and there is only one way to know it." Don Camerson. Have you read his book and what do you think? Blueblades

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have read it and printed it out I think it is an excellent work that explains itself clearly using quotes from WT publications and then using logic and reasoning where they are wrong .

I think the phrase " Captives Of A Concept" was borrowed from the ex GB members book whose name just escapes me at this time........." Crises of Conscience"

I would recommend it to everybody and it`s also cheap $ wise .

Thank you Don Cameron for publishing it.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

We've read it, I think it's a brilliant book.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think the reason is pretty simple and similar to all religions.

No one wants to die, and people are willing to believe and do things to feel that they won't or that there is an afterlife.

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Smiddy3 Raymond Franz wrote Crises of conscience. Best one out there.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I bought captives of concept several years ago. The missus went to town on me for getting it. I still have secretly hoping she might have read it out of curiosity.

The book is very good. It breaks down why people are captivated by the religion and view of the GB.

It is well worth a read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit