The shunning has started and... I like it!

by oppostate 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

So not having turned in a time-slip in a loooooooong time and making fewer and fewer meetings, and from time to time attending a local church service... The majority of local dubs are overtly shunning me. There are those who I talk to and who visit our home from time to time, but this last meeting I went to hardly anyone made eye contact, when I greeted folks passing by me, they ignored me. It actually felt good.

I was surprised at my reaction. I must say that it's a welcome feeling to be ignored. No elders accosting me, asking me to the back room for "counseling" and hounding sessions. Those who've always been close, only a handful, still talked with me.

Who needs the kind of "friends" who depend on guidance from a Regional Convention to decide whether to even tell you a "good-morning" or a "hi"?

So the shunning has started and... so far, I like it!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good for you. Being shunned just means you have more time for yourself. You get to develop new relationships with people you like. Pursue those things that are important to you.

Best of all that 800 pound gorilla that is always at the KH at the Assemblies, riding shotgun with the Elders and the CO is gone now.

Look around.....he's gone!

• Londo111
    Londo111

More and more I'm finding happiness is having little to nothing with still-in JWs. Not that they individually are to blame for the toxic psychodrama, but they are certainly conduits as long as they are part of the organization.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

opposite: That's comical "shunning and I like it". Maybe we are looking at shunning in

the wrong way. Can you imagine asking the elders to shun you. You folks who are sitting on

the fence and dread the day when you may be shun, take the power

away from the elders. I can see a WT article, we have reports of JW's asking to be shunned so what

do we do now. Lets step up to the plate folks, shun me I don't give a damn.

That's the only power they have on most, but if you know it's not truth it's just a matter of time.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Let em shun away! Just make sure when you bump into any of the JW's you have a big ole smile on your face! Let em see how happy you really are.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Love the title of this thread!

I have been DF'ed a decade and often forget that I am. I frequently see a "sister" in the store and I think "Oh Sh**, I don't want to have to commiserate with that old bore." And then I see them hurriedly rushing away from me as fast as possible and I remember ," oh yes, I am DF'ed - How absolutely lovely in every possible way"

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Magwitch: It's so funny when you walk up to A JW and ask them, how are you and

watch them run. My sister- in-law ran off and left her items at the checking stand (Walmart). My wife

ask what was her problem, she looked like a crazy lady.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said ToesUp!

Yes, show by your dignity and poise that you are happy and doing well. Don't let them accuse you of the stereotype that" all who leave are sad, bitter, negative or doing poorly..."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It is definitely better to be shunned than to be stalked by the Witnesses.

As enough time goes on, you will forget and it won't mean anything at some point. All these JWs are getting old (as we all are). I barely recognize some of them when I see them in stores.

As for somebody running and leaving their stuff on the counter, it's laughable.

Get on with your life and be happy.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Isn't it a weird paradox that we may actually appreciate being shunned/ignored in the J.W. world, but in our normal day to day life we'd be disturbed at such treatment by so-called friends/relatives?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit