Elders coming...i'm shaking in my boots...NOT! Any help?

by searchfothetruth 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Will Power
    Will Power
    The society have put themselves in the position of Jesus as the mediator of the great crowd and this isn't what was meant

Excellent observation searching.

Ask just about any witness who their mediator is and they will say Jesus Christ. Then get out the Aid to Understanding Book pg 1130 (not sure what pg in Insight book) It plainly explains that Jesus is the mediator for the 144,000 ONLY.

If they maintain that JC is their mediator they should be "partaking"! If not planning on partaking the printing house in brooklyn must be their mediator since the mags are the only link to god!

Strong's Concordance word "hovah" # 1943 means mischief ........ as in god of ....?

• JT
    JT
    JT,

Thanks for that! excellent point. The two elders will probably not read it and as you say it limits ant impact.

I think i'll do what you say.

Thanks Willpower. Great points.

PLEASE, PLEASE let us know when this comes back to the elders- you are going to love this

email me if you would, I will tell you exactly who to send this to at bethel - you will love this

[email protected]

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

You might want to try this now or later.Who is "THE FIRST and THE LAST" in Rev.The Society has flipped flopped over the years,it's Jehovah,no it's Jesus.

Blueblades

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

blueblades,

Revelation 22:12 has changed from jehovah to jesus so many times over the years it is unbelievable

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hi Artful,: So verse 45 says "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns."

: I read this and see that the Master has put in charge the slave sometime earlier. OK its clear that His return is still in the future as verse 46 says "when he returns." But I read verse 45 and it tells me the slave had been ALREADY appointed BEFORE the Masters Return. So when was the slave appointed?

You've pointed out a problem that You Know has pointed out too. Yes, according to the Society, the "anointed remnant" was appointed in a certain sense to be "the slave" around Pentecost, 33 A.D. In a Watchtower article (Dec. 15, 1971?) the Society (Fred Franz, actually) claimed something like, "From the first century until now, one generation of 'the slave' fed the next generation." It argued that Charles Russell was "patently" of the governing body of that "slave". However, today's Watchtower writers are unable to point to any person who was a member of the "slave" that supposedly taught Russell what he needed to know. You can see what kind of can of worms they'd open if they went there.

But that's just a bit of background. The real answer to your question is simple: Today's claimed "slave" claims not just that it was appointed some 2,000 years ago to a lower position of "that slave", but that in 1919 Watchtower leaders were appointed over all Christ's belongings and given all authority on earth. Since the Bible itself proves why this is impossible, even if they were appointed as they claim in the 1880s, or even in the 1st century, they were still not appointed to special privileges in 1919. But because they claim such a major but false thing with respect to a divine appointment, they are false teachers and false prophets.

Just as You Know was completely unable to deal with these facts, neither is the Society.

AlanF

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

search ; i would go for the 1919 crap right away as others have said. And agree to have a year long study 5 hours a week on orginal wt's till 1919 to see if jesus really choose them by what they were teaching. also write down every lie or every thing they agree to . so when they switch one you , you can show them they got busted. but you have to keep in mind you can't let them out of the box or e3ven talk much. now here's were you put them on a total defensive. and after every false teaching or prophecy ask this question . WAS THIS TEACHING WORSHIP ACCEPTABLE TO JEHOVAH.. AS SOON AS THEY GIVE THE WRONG ANSWER. cut them off and read it again or give them another false prophecy,. here are some till 1919. the time of the end started in 1776,1780, 1798 or99, the stasrs and heavens colapased in 1831 , the teaching about the ten virgins was forfulled in 1844 , the light started to come to the anionted in 1865, then jesus was to return in 1872-73-74 75-78 -81 or he did but it was invisible6000 years of mans existance was in 1875- or 73 the great time of trouble was to start in 1905-07 then again in 1910-12 right before armageddom. 1914 1915, 1918 1920 for the big A. most of this is in the wt book the time is at hand. i don't know how much wt history you know, but even if you get some of the dates or teachings wrong keep throwing them out and keep asking the ? was this WORSHIP ACCEPTABLE TO JEHOVAH? AGAIN keep the pressure on don't let them talk much. cut them off every time. ask can god lie . and have some verses set for this. go into the pyramid stuff, and the picture of the egyptian god of the sun on many of the old books. did the pyramid really grow when jesus did not return in 1874? is it true that if a black man prays hard enough jehovah will make him white. let me get out a tape measure your skull to see if you can do the preaching work ? spanards are a backwards race? why did russell have the pittsburg newpapers come to a bridge on easter sunday 1881 to see him raptured into heaven . was russell really directing the preaching work from the grave in 1917. and rutherford was teaching million now living will never die in 1918 and said in 1917 that there will be no SLIP UP THIS TIME abraham will return in 1925 oct 15 1917 wt . the list goes on for 1000's of pages .. SO which OF THESE THING WERE WORSHIP ACCEPTABLE TO JEHOVAH. I LIKE TO USE A FEW SIMPLE VERSES on them jn 7:18 zep 3:13 prov. 1` so never let them talk just keep giving them everything you got.. at the end ask SO WHEN WOULD LIKE TO START THIS STUDY ON WT BOOK'S TILL 1919, to prove that jesus choose the wt in 1919. have fun. john

• blackout
    blackout

So search, Im waiting with bated breath (or is that baited breasts? LOL), did the Elders come yet?

• Will Power
    Will Power

You know, teachings "unique" to Jehovah's witnesses (should be a tip off right there) are really just that. And since they are "unique" to them, they can change anytime they want, into whatever suits their purpose for "troof at particular low sales periods of time". Every company has advertising schemes and ways to influence and prop themselves up. This is why doctrinal discussions (LOL) can be so tiresome and circular.

Where they cross the line is in their dishonesty, deception, manipulation, deliberate abuse of "fake" authority and the hi-jacking of ones ability to trust their own thoughts. Like Elizabeth Smart's captor, they trick the new study into a false sense of security.

Just when the JW argument seems like it is making sense..... remember the lies (bald-face & by omission) they tell (print) to get you there. Those lies are not .... ooops guess we were a little too enthusastic, yadda yadda yadda. They are deliberate and calculated and erase any hope of anything they say ever being taken seriously let alone as coming from god.

So searching, hope things are going well and not too much time is spent on their "uniqueness" of which they are extremely proud. Wish I could be there to help.

Will

• acsot
    acsot
    1 Thes 4:16 The Lord* descends with the call of the archangel.

The asterisk shows you a footnote that this lord is Jehovah. But this is the passage they use to prove that Jesus is Michael the Archangel.

Found in the interlinear, CD rom (not sure about the newest CD, they might have fixed this) But this footnote has been around in NWT, & WT since 1973. (so its not just a typo)

Always the questions should lead to them realize that their loyalty to the organization goes AGAINST God, Truth, and the Bible.

Man oh man! I never knew that! never clued in during all my years as a dub (Acsot slapping herself).

Great point!

• starScream
    starScream

Mulan and searchfothetruth,

For example, they will never change their view of who God is, who Jesus is, are the dead really dead? Those are solid Bible teachings. The other things are all interpretation.

You are right. Mulan those are solid bible teachings that the JWs couldn't be anymore wrong on. You think the JWs have it right about Jesus not being God? At Colosians 1:16 it states that ALL things that were made to exist were done so by Jesus. Michael and the other Archangels*** were created by Jesus according to this scripture. The NWT adds the word other to make Jesus a creation here but they have no reason to add the word other except for their desire to change the meaning of the verse. Without the word other Jesus cannot be a creation and must be God.

The JWs will say that Jesus helped God as the agent of creation so it doesn't mean Jesus is God. Even if that is true, which it isn't as I will soon demontstrate he still can't be created according to this scripture. At Isaiah 44:24 YHWH says he has created all things by himself with the rhetorical question "who was with me?" at 45:12 YHWH says it was his own hands that did the creating. Sorry no angels doing it, only YHWH. So in light of these two versus Jesus is YHWH. No shock that the pharisees tried to stone him at John 8:58 when he said "Before Abraham was born, I AM." They knew what he meant. They didn't try to stone him until he said, I AM, in timeless existence.

The JWs constantly quote Jesus' words of, "fear not men who can kill the body...." and they conveniently leave out the very next words, "... but cannot kill the soul." If your soul does not die with your body, your soul lives.

*** yes their are other archangels. Daniel 10:13 "...Michael, who is one of the foremost Princes..."

according to this he has several equals. The foremost princes are a group that Michael belongs to. Nowhere does it say in the bible that Michael created anything. Nowhere does it say Michael is the Messiah. Nowhere does it say Jesus is Michael.

The evidence used to suggest that Jesus is Michael is totally inconsistent with other scriptures. The evidence that shows Jesus is God is rock solid. The stack of evidence that suggests Jesus is God Towers over the Michael evidence, if you can even call it that. When you analyze both sides the Michael side is just ridiculously weak. It becomes obvious that the people who need Jesus to be Michael simply do it because they have to find someone for him to be other than God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit