Book of Zechariah applied to GB

by yoko N 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Vanderhoven7,

Exactly what I meant...they insert themselves throughout the bible...they think the bible is about their history...That's why they can call the end so accurately (because they might be the ones to usher it in),even though Jesus don't know....they know.

That's the problem with the bible folks interpreting it to suit their purpose....every religion thinks they are right. Many people don't believe in God for whatever their reasons...but what I've come to understand about humans we have a need to believe in something...even if we don't believe in God, some of us believe in Angels, Tooth Fairies, Santa Claus, Sandman, Easter Bunny....throwing coins in the fountain....horoscopes, yoga....something....man has several needs whether we want to admit it or not....

Everyone has a right to choose who they hold on to in times of need.

Tor

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(Bookmarking)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Where did you find that picture of the old lady with low finances? Thanks!

• yoko N
    yoko N

Hi lamallcool

w.feb .2017 page 9

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is an example of the WTS inserting itself into scripture:

Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

What does the WTS say about the above 3 verses written 400 years before Christ.

Malachi 3:1-3 describes the time —from 1914 to early 1919—when the anointed “sons of Levi” would undergo a period of refinement.
    During that time, Jehovah God, “the true Lord,” accompanied by Jesus Christ, “the messenger of the covenant,” came to the spiritual temple to inspect those serving there. After receiving needed discipline, Jehovah’s cleansed people were ready to take up a further assignment of service. In 1919, a “faithful and discreet slave” was appointed to provide spiritual food to the household of faith. (Matt. 24:45) God’s people were now free of the influence of Babylon the Great. Since that time, by Jehovah’s undeserved kindness, his people have constantly been growing in knowledge of God’s will and in love for their heavenly Father. How grateful they are for his blessing![1] Nov 2016 WT Study edition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit