Alcoholic

by openheart 12 Replies latest jw friends

• openheart
    openheart

Hi I was raised in the truth in the UK since my birth in 1970 I went wayward as my family left in 1981 when I was 11 never took a career just wasted my life away now I'm 46 I rejoined when I was 22 rose to be a auxiliary pioneer and ms then it all went wrong my wife diagnosed bipolar disorder I got diagnosed depression a mega implosion occurred now I'm lost what now ?

• openheart
    openheart

I drink to cope

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sorry to hear of the troubles you have had but you have taken a big step by opening up.

There are people and organisations out there who can help. Perhaps start by going to your doctor and getting him to refer you to the best people able to help.

This page has some good links as well.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/alcohol/Pages/Alcoholsupport.aspx

All the best - don't stop talking about it.

• Onager
    Onager

Hi openheart,

my non-JW wife is bi-polar as well, it's been incredibly hard over the years so I understand your pain.

My advice with regards to your wife would be to talk to a professional, the sooner the better. Talking to my wife on my own ended up in endless circles that just repeated every time she was at the top or the bottom of her mood cycle. You need that dispassionate outside viewpoint to break the cycle.

Good luck,

Matt

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Hi Openheart, welcome!

I'm sorry for what you are going through. There's lots here that have similar experiences. This is a great place to vent, research, etc.

Can/have you seek/sought a professional to help with the depression and drinking...maybe they can help you find some better ways to cope? You've got alot on your plate, therefore other coping options maybe helpful.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Hi Openheart,

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

That said, I agree that seeing a therapist would be your best option and I am wondering [hoping] that you and your wife are under a doctors care for the depression and bi-polar diagnosis.

God bless

The Truth Will Set You Free

TTWSYF

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi openheart--welcome to the site. lots of us Brits on here.:-

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/197364/ex-jw-uk?page=1&size=20

• kramer
    kramer

Hi :) drop me a line if you want through PM, I have a bit of experience here, and have got through (or more accurately learned to live with) similar problems ... In short, professional help is a must , and mutual help groups if possible - easier of course if you are in a city. I know the feeling of being lost and without hope with these things, you can work through it!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You WERE NOT "raised in the Truth"; you were raised in "The Trooth".

As you now (I hope) fully realize, there is no such thing as the "Trooth Fairy."

Make an effort to begin thinking rationally and avoid using altered mental states and fantasies as a crutch.

Walk like a man!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm lost what now ?

Seek family counseling or individual therapy. Mental health is important to figure out "what now". Look for any local mental health services clinic or private practice that can help you.

This may not look like a great thing, but maybe this is a great opportunity for you to venture on your own to look and find the help that you and your wife need instead of looking for magic solutions in the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit