Vatican launches website for preventing clerical sex abuse

by AndersonsInfo 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
    smiddy

Eight men and eight women from different parts of the world make up the Catholic Commission to address the matter of child sexual abuse in their religion.

The WTB&TS could learn a lot from the Catholic Church ,while in the past they have had an abysmal record in this regard Jehovahs Witnesses may have an even greater abysmal record if you made a ratio comparison comparing numbers.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Quite amazing how the Catholic Church has, at least perception wise, turned things around.
    Compare where the WTS was 20 years ago - on the moral high ground, bashing them for the abuse scandals. Now look how things have switched.

Interesting point. I remember when WT literature used to feature Catholic abuse scandals. I wonder if anyone who has access to the CD ROM could do an analysis of how frequently the WT mentioned Catholic abuse and when they stopped talking about it and how this correlates with their own scandals.

The last blatant example I can think of was the Kingdom News no. 37 in 2006 "The End of Flase Religion is Near!"

Even churches that condemn immorality have tolerated religious leaders who have sexually abused children.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102006290

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I wonder if anyone who has access to the CD ROM could do an analysis of how frequently the WT mentioned Catholic abuse and when they stopped talking about it and how this correlates with their own scandals - excellent idea, SBF.

I wish I had access to the CD ROM but I don't.

Hopefully somebody will do as you suggested ...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Brokeback WT - "I wish the WT corporation/religion will follow the example of the Catholic Church..."

Follow the RCC's example???

Pssh.

If anything, this'd make them dig in even deeper, just because.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit