Are JWs The Only Ones Who Will Be Saved?

by artful 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• artful
    artful

Blondie: I guess there is no hope for us then! LOL!<br>

Pistoff: They do the doublespeak on the Website that's for sure. However, as you mention, one would only realize that if they were an enlightened Dub (that's definitely an oxymoron!). You said "What happened to me now, that I can see it?" I often ask myself that same question!

Gumby: thanks for the comments, I agree 100%

Hey John: that is exactly the problem, when you point this out to them they act like caged animals - all they can think about is getting out of the conversation.

Joannadandy: thanks for taking the time to share these expressions! The attitude of "WE are saved and THEY won't be" was one of the main reasons why I left the JWs.

berylblue: Thanks for pointing out the despicable imagery in the "My Book of Bible Stories". This book was produced by a bunch of old men in Brooklyn who never had kids, and who had completely lost touch with reality. There are so many really good Bible story books at your local Christian book store, why subject your kids to this crap! After we learned that her grandparents had been reading this revolting book to our 5 year old daughter, my wife and I recently had some VERY strong words with the grandparents, and insisted that this book be removed from our daughters room before she spend the night with them again.

Cheers
    Artful

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    And this dude is going to be teaching your children someday...

Joanna, you must kill him.

Do it for the children.

Six- doberman/poodle mix named Sam who tells Jo to kill class

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks for those quotes artful. I emailed the "Quotes" guy & suggested that this would be a good topic for his website, considering how the WT is dishonest with the public as to what the official teaching really is.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    one of the main reasons why I left the JWs.

Me too Artful...I couldn't stomach it when I was five and it only got worse the older I got.

Joanna, you must kill him.

Do it for the children.

Six- doberman/poodle mix named Sam who tells Jo to kill class

*slaughs her ass off* Oh Sixy I love you man...you crack me up!!

• TR
    TR

Wow. Good topic, and great quotes.

When I was a 'hovah, my non-'hovah bro's kids were told by my 'hovah bro's kids that they'd die if they didn't become 'hovahs. My non-'hovah bro asked me about this a few days later. Like a good 'hovah, I qouted from the first post of this topic pretty much verbatim. In other words, I LIED TO HIS FACE. I KNEW what the official WT crap said, and what we told people.

Oh GOD how could I behave that way? I was fooling myself, and I KNEW IT!

TR- formerly of the FOOL class

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

TR,

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. - George Orwell, 1984

I think that the "who is going to die at the big A" issue is an area where most 'hovahs hold two contradictory beliefs, and accept both of them.

• Room 215
    Room 215

This is well-trodden ground here. The official JW ``no" response, intended for public consumption, is disingenuous in the extreme and every JW knows it. The real teaching is that all of the non-baptised world (i.e. 99.9 percent of humanity) and maybe 60 percent of their own number who are service-and-meeting laggards are headed for the Divine shredder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit