Amazing Kingdom Hall transformation

by Esse quam videri 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

So, on Tues August 2/16 I happen to be driving down Westminster Highway in Richmond, B.C. [a suburb of Vancouver] and notice activity at the Kingdom Hall at Shell Ave. Hmm, I say to myself, they must be having a 'work bee' or some such thing. I continue on to work. Oh, for anyone who isn't aware of it, Vancouver is something of a hot spot for real estate investing lately. It seems that a lot of Asian money, I mean a very, very, very lot of Asian money is coming to town and buying property up. Especially in Richmond, it's close to the airport and many spend half their time back in China after they fine a nice cozy place to live here. What was $500,000.00 five years ago is now going for 2,3 and even 4 or 5 million dollars. The locals who call Vancouver their home are getting a little bit peeved and even a whole lot peeved, well okay, totally pissed at the foreign money pushing land values through the roof. They can't buy, their kids can't buy and they know full well their grand kids will never buy either. Who can compete with buyers that bring wheelbarrows of money into the country and pay whatever the buyer asks. Oh, did I say pay whatever the buyer asks. Ooops, I got that wrong. What I meant to say is they bid against each other [ the Asians that is] and pay $200,000.00, $300,000.00, or 400,000.00 more than the asking price.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So, was it a Boiling Pot Chinese Restaurant when you drove home?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Okay, so on Westminster Highway a few new houses are being built. What is typically done is an older house is bought and then demolished and then a new one goes up. A big new one. I guess the old one didn't have enough rooms. So here is a sample of the new ones. Yeah, they are as big as they look. Bigger.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Okay, so on Tues afternoon I happen to notice this amazing transformation of the Kingdom Hall. I didn't take a before picture because it didn't really look any different than it always has. However, later the same day it was difficult not to notice the change.

• Listener
    Listener

Do you think it was sold?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Now, my question is the following. Being as the sellers of property in Vancouver feel like they have won the lottery has the Watchtower succumbed to the same fever, OR, are they just preparing to build a new, more comfortable Kingdom Hall for the brothers and sisters?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Do you think it was sold?

That would be my guess.

• Nathan Natas
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That Hall is being replaced due to the one existing on the site having foundation problems which was sinking and cracking.

It has nothing to do with rising property values.

It will be built to more up to date construction standards and will be built with the latest technology, security and video presentation by the stage.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Finkelstein

Any idea who is funding this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit