Canada starts fight-back against bloodless surgery?

by darkspilver 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

OC...

I was saying that the data against the procedure is flawed. Comparing apples to oranges... It seems one sided, the Government using one study vs the doctors saying they support the procedure, and people even paying for the extra costs...

I will go where the data leads, but then the urologists or scientists or whoever makes the data, should come up with a good study which decisively shows benefits or drawbacks either way...

That was my point.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Okay, ILove. Sorry if I misunderstood. The issue was like you said, evidence.

Solid data and evidence is needed. Especially when public $$$ is being used.

What I find interesting about the OP is that this is yet another media piece that uses a Jehovah's Witness patient to promote and/or discuss medical technology. A patient who doesn't even have a medical blood disorder - they have a blood disorder that has been given to them. And that is the selling point - no blood. From a made up blood disorder.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

I went the robot, at a leading cancer center "City of Hope" LA Ca.

The blood issue is no major issue in this type of sugary.

Incontinence is the major issue, how much the plumbing leaks after operation. The robot is very precise, using magnification, air pressure to create space for minimal amount of tissue to be cut. The movements are very controlled through what ever setting the operator sets. A major determining factor of sugary success lies in the patient and how serious he takes his pelvic floor exercises.

This is just personal opinion. A surgeon told me sugary is one half science, one half art. A highly skilled surgeon is just that. The robot can take a good surgeon and make him competitive with a higher skilled surgeon. Sugary has three factors 1; how healthy we have maintained our body, 2; skill of surgeon, 3; how serious we do our rehab. Personally for me the robot was a much wiser decision then the Urologist I knew from the gym.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit