Looking Forward To Ur Free Life Or Stil Reflecting And Living A Bitter Past

by m0nk3y 15 Replies latest jw friends

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Having grown up in the JW teaching till the age of 21 and having an alcoholic/abusive father not to mention other F*%$ed up past elements of my life .. I have to say I am overall looking forward to my future as I'm now FREE of JW oppression. But what I have notice a great deal in this forum is there alot of X-JWs that are very bitter about their past lives and seem completely focused on how f*%$ed up their lives have been.

They don't seem to have an ounce of positveness to their attitude and this concerns me. I realise that this forum is in effect partially if not entirely to help suffering JWs and X-JWs .. but jeezus I have seen long time posting members carry on so bitterly that I have to wonder why they even left the JW teachings at all as they don't seem to be happy to be free of it.

Of course I admit I could be wrong in my view and I would like comments from others on what they think about it.

m0nk3y

• be wise
    be wise

I think there are a lot of screwed up things about this world other than just religious fanaticism. Life should be about learning from your experiences and moving on, these experiences make you stronger as a person and wiser. I don't understand people who make a concious effort to try and hook things on the ORG. Does it really have to matter that much, who cares, why waste your time on such nonsense as this.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I understand the whole hooking things on the JW teachings is a relief system .. even as far as de-programing yourself on the crap they have taught us, but yes I agree lets just get over it already and focus on learning to pass on what we have learnt about making our lives better. Its a positve focus. Life is about constantly learning and evolving and moulding ourselves into each other. Mankind is already at one with each other .. they just havent noticed it yet

m0nk3y

• be wise
    be wise

I like you monkey, it's good to talk to someone who's got it together. It's a positive and refreshing change from all the rant.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

God this thread comes up once a week at least.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Hmmm it would be good for this stuff to come up more often than the "I HATE JW'S" (AgainstBorg 30,001 posts)

To be honest I feel sorry for alot of JW's as they were trapped just looking for direction in their lives thinking that a man-made organisation can give them what they already have the power to do in their own hands. Feel sorry for those poor witnesses that don't know they are trapped.

m0nk3y

• Carmel
    Carmel

My dear monkey friend, if you stick around for a couple more years you'll begin to recoginize a pattern of cycles on this board of people coming and getting comfortable with being open and frank, something they've been denyed for all their cult lives. the next stage is to unburden and share their feelings and hurts they have endured as part of the "slave class". This stage may last for some months as they flush out their hearts and minds and begin to recognize their new fredome to be real and be able to reflect on their past life. For the most part once this is over they begin to relat to others experiances, empathasize and support those that are transiting the same ground. Most, not all, eventually get the bile out of their systems and find other ways of expressing themselves. Some do not. All in all, it is a natural and healthy environment to lend support to each other and to learn how to deal with all the flood of mental constripation acquired through injesting FDS "meat in due season".

Think of this site as mental roughage cleansing the digestive system of acquired toxins and you will be comfortable with the process.

best regards,

Carmel

• be wise
    be wise

That's all we can do really, but there will always be the one's that do make it out, I mean no one would have ever expected me to see the light but I did.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I completely understand what your saying Carmel, I do .. it isnt those people Im referring to, everybody has the right and should express it freely .. but it can be discouraging to newbies (not myself) to see someone with like 5,000 posts to their name being a nagitive nelly all the time.

m0nk3y

• Etude
    Etude

m0nk3y:

I don’t know what your past was like, but it may help you understand how people feel and why they react the way they do by considering their diversity and the existing circumstances they live with.

In many cases, it is almost impossible to leave the issue of the Jehovah’s Witnesses behind because many of us still have family members that are captive. Many of them are close and act as a constant reminder of the Organization and its policies. It may be easy for some who have exited the Organization to leave those love ones behind as well, but you should be able to at least accept that it may be hard for others. Considering the close family ties that some individuals have, it may be impossible to abandon them and not be exposed daily to the issues concerning the Watchtower Society, particularly if the other close person is a spouse.

The same can be said for people we’ve come to know and considered as family. It’s not always easy to just drop all your feelings for someone simply because you can’t talk to them anymore. Instead of hating that person or even just not caring, we come to understand that they are simply misplaced. We hope that some day they come to their senses. In the mean time, if you think about them you’re going to think about what the Organization has done and what manipulative, deceiving liars they are. I hope that my sense of what injustice is never dilutes and renders me apathetic to the continuing and future pain the Jehovah’s Witnesses cause and will cause on untold others.

The fact that we can be angry (yes even bitter) about that doesn’t mean that many of us have not gone on with our lives. I for one am quite adjusted and appreciate my current life filled with good friends and a wonderful loving wife. I’m sure that similar circumstances apply to many people on this forum. For some, it’s an outlet, for others a pastime. For me, it’s cathartic. It’s a quasi-public vindication that I won a huge internal personal battle overcoming a great moral struggle. It has made me a better person.

Even so, and in spite of all the positive things I mentioned, I’d still like to take a shot at the Watchtower Society whenever I can. Groups like that should not be allowed to bring more pain into the world than there already is. I suppose that writing in this forum serves that purpose whenever people can help and give comfort to some that have recently broken away from the Organization.

The varying degrees of reaction from ex-Witnesses is not any different than those experienced by other people who have experience traumatic events. Some women who are raped never really recover. Others are able to go on and lead happy lives. That doesn’t mean they forget and maybe even start a cause to protect other women. Perhaps your experience with the Jehovah’s Witnesses was not as traumatic as it was for some others. My sure as hell was. That’s why the freedom from them is so much sweeter and my criticism of them some much more worthwhile.

Etude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit