Breakdancing is from the Devil

by Huxley 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Huxley
    Huxley

Some youngsters (I always hated that word...) in our congregation went to a rock concert. Two out of ten of these kids decided to join in the "mosh pit", and try their hand at "crowd surfing", just like on MTV. Well the other eight kids decided to rat them out to the elders for behaving in a worldly manner.

The local needs talk the following week discussed the danger of music in the life of a young Christian. The elder pointed out how music could be upbuilding like when we sing at the Kingdom Hall, but also potentially dangerous. He went on to elaborate how Satan had used music to draw people away from true worship for years. I think he mentioned the Moabites or maybe it was the Midianites, anyhow, some ancient people who knew how to kick out the jams and invited the Israelites to party.

Then he got to the really funny stuff. He talked about how "The Twist" was a dance craze that lead many from our ranks. He mentioned how Beatles music was banned at Bethel. (A total falsehood but still funny.) And the cherry on the pie....He talked about how breakdancing was leading many youth out into the world, and causing not just spiritual damage, but physical problems as well. With moves such as the "headspin" and the "worm" sending many fine Witness youths into the emergency room.

Keep in mind this talk was given around 1997, so he was about 12 years behind with the breakdancing advice. I was still totally active when I heard this talk, but I still thought it was funny as hell.

Huxley

• Xena
    Xena

Anything above and beyond what the JW's write, record or ponificate from the pulpet is considered from the devil....

Course I always considered breakdancing to be from the devil.....now dirty dancing??? That is heavenly.........

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I dont know if it is only i my area but breakdancing has made something of a comback along with techno music. I think that he may not have known this but just got lucky.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Got a kick out of everyones comments on this thread....the WTS must know how fragile the belief system is if the Twist can take a person out of the ' troof '.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Take my word for it Huxley, the Brooklyn Boys are right on this one. Breakdancing really was from the devil as was horizontal folk dancing. but his latest trick for strumbling the faithful is even more diabolical -

nude line dancing!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    but physical problems as well

I once knew a young man that had to have surgery to correct a problem down in that area of his body that is necessary for reproductive purposes. The Doctors said the problem was caused by breakdancing. Bug

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember break dancing quite well back in the 80's. Many witnesses participated.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I once knew a young man that had to have surgery to correct a problem down in that area of his body that is necessary for reproductive purposes. The Doctors said the problem was caused by breakdancing. Bug

BUG!!! What head was he twirling on?!

That is one of the funniest things I read....I laughed so hard my sides hurt!!

How could you possibly do that? I have a picture in my mind that is not pretty....

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think breakdancing is from the devil ...

... more like an insane asylum

cripes: that ain't dancing !!

• rocketman
    rocketman

There is so much stupidity in dubdom with regard to dancing (and alot of other stuff). Another example of their going way beyond what is written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit