The WTS Lie That Ensnared Me!

by ISP 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

This new light concept would have Einstein spinning in his grave. Could there be some parallel universe that the Governing Body operate out of. Maybe they have a quantum mirror that they look into and see this new light along with Alice and a rabbit holding his watch and crying about being late! The level of delusion that the Governing Body operate on is quite stellar! Maverick

• Latte
    Latte

Gumby....... Me too!

I studied the "Paradise Lost Paradise Restored book when I was little with my mom who conducted it with me and my two older sisters. The picture of armageddon with the earth opening up and swallowing children and others........scared the shit out of us enough to keep at it.

This along with all the other bunch of bull along the way about how close the end was and the promise of an earthly paradise.....if we were strong and good enough.... fooled me for another 35 years after studying with my mom.

How could they even show this aweful book to kids!.....it's gross.

• gumby
    gumby

How could they even show this aweful book to kids!.....it's gross

The same way they show Solomon holding a baby by it's feet in one hand ...and a sword in the other in the kids "Bible Story Book".

Gumby

• ISP
    ISP

pm chap. 21 p. 390 Theocracy Triumphs over All the Nations ***

"And this is what will prove to be the scourge with which Jehovah will scourge all the peoples that will actually do military service against Jerusalem: There will be a rotting away of one’s flesh, while one is standing upon one’s feet; and one’s very eyes will rot away in their sockets, and one’s very tongue will rot away in one’s mouth. And it must occur in that day that confusion from Jehovah will become widespread among them; and they will actually grab hold, each one of the hand of his companion, and his hand will actually come up against the hand of his companion. And Judah itself also will be warring at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the nations round about will certainly be gathered, gold and silver and garments in excessive abundance. And this is how the scourge of the horse, the mule, the camel, and the male ass, and every sort of domestic animal that happens to be in those camps, will prove to be, like this scourge."—Zechariah 14:12-15.

Frightful? Gruesome? Sadistic? Ghoulish? Fiendish? Bible readers in Christendom may express shock at that inspired battle account! But would it not be hypocritical for them to do so? How can they sincerely be shocked, when the so-called "Christian" nations that they so patriotically support now stand prepared to fight the final war with the flaming napalm bombs dropped from airplanes, with liquid fire belched forth from guns, with corrosive chemical gases, with explosives that will blast away a person’s face so that the surviving victim needs to wear a mask and be fed intravenously, with nuclear bombs of such enormous power as to make tens of thousands of human creatures disappear into thin air? How can the supporters of such wartime viciousness find fault with Jehovah of armies? Let them rather be shocked, horrified, at themselves!

Scary quote from the Paradise Restored book.

The WTS instead of suggesting a figurative application, revel in a vivid, gory literal application.

ISP

• dedalus
    dedalus

Just for fun, 'cause I haven't done this in awhile:

THE Bible speaks of the time in which we are living as the “last days” or the “time of the end.” (2 Timothy 3:1; Daniel 11:40)

How do we know it's "we" the Bible speaks of? Because "we" say it is, that's why!

The facts show that this is a limited period that has a definite beginning and a definite end.

Ooooh, facts! Facts are good! Let's see some ...

It began in 1914 when Jesus Christ was enthroned as king in the heavens. It will end when God destroys this present wicked system of things.

Right -- when he was invisibly enthroned, that is! Which means, no one saw it or heard it, but it happened, and we know it did, because it's a, er, fact. Hooray for facts!

What a relief it will be when the organizations and persons that cheat and oppress, and all who endanger the security of their fellowmen, are gone!

Yeah, organizations that cheat and oppress should be destroyed ... er, wait a minute ... what does the WBTS call itself again?

2 How soon will that be? God’s own Son, Jesus Christ, gives the answer. After drawing attention to the many things that mark the period from 1914 onward as the “time of the end,” Jesus said: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.” (Matthew 24:34) Which generation did he mean?

Of course, Jesus didn't mention the year 1914 -- what he actually said was something about no one knowing the day or the hour, but he didn't mean what he meant. What he meant was that "we" in the present would know the day and hour that he invisibly started ruling. Aren't facts great?

3 Jesus had just referred to persons who would “see all these things.” “These things” are the events that have taken place since 1914 and those yet to occur down to the end of this wicked system. (Matthew 24:33) Persons born even as much as fifty years ago could not see “all these things.” They came on the scene after the foretold events were already under way. But there are people still living who were alive in 1914 and saw what was happening then and who were old enough that they still remember those events. This generation is getting up in years now. A great number of them have already passed away in death. Yet Jesus very pointedly said: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.”

Yeah, the facts show that there would be these things, see, and since there have been all these things, you know, well, that just proves that the facts show that, uh, er ... yeah. Did I mention the things? You know, the foretold events that were underway -- those things? Huh huh, things are cool.

Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes! (Psalm 90:10 [89:10, Dy]) So now is the time to take urgent action if you do not want to be swept away with this wicked system.

Yup! So there you have it, with pure logic and facts! Really, ISP, how could you resist such neat and precise argumentation!? Of course, if you're a dub and you believe this stuff now, you'd be kicked out. New light doesn't care about facts.

Dedalus

• gumby
    gumby

(Quote from article above)

"Bible readers in Christendom may express shock at that inspired battle account!"

Bible readers in CHRISTENDOM? How about anyone with an intelligent mind?

This is a "friday the 13" movie! ( you know...the kind of movie dubs are supposed to watch because of the violence)

Gumby

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

You're right Musky, the WTBS no longer teaches that the scriptures means a literal "generation" Since 1996 the concept has been changed from "the group of people of knowing age in 1914" ( who would now be 102!!) to "any group of comtemporary people". Yes the light has gotten brighter!! What a crock!! Soooo glad to be out of the mire and able to figure it out for myself......there is no New System, it has always been the virtual carrot that had been dangled before our eyes. It's such a weird concept too, like who would actually make it there? You know the scare tactic scripture "PROBABLY you will be saved" Then what about all your worldly loved ones who got destroyed, we just forget about them? How was that supposed to work? Then I saw a thread posted lately about the idea of not being able to marry in the New System. That had a lot of people freaked out! Yet they continued to follow along, just like I did always silently questioning but never having the balls to say it out loud......maybe I would have been gone sooner!! Oh well, better out now than never!!! FP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit