red flag to a bull those carts can't resist !

by possum 24 Replies latest jw friends

• possum
    possum
    Went to a market yesterday and there it was a cart manned by a middle-aged women and a young one. In a really respectful, friendly manner I approached them and enquired if Watchtower society had done anything about its "two witness policy" post Royal commission. Knew nothing of 2 witness rule. I more than happily gave them a unwitness about the royal commision, my child and I giving evidence in written form, the fact the WT will be paying compensation sometime in future ect, ect...... . Told me I need to go on JW.org, talk to elders and read the bible. I l made it plain until we made our child's abuse public by reporting to police ect we where in good standing (no for drugs/sex or rock and roll). I let her know that she was victimizing the victims by assuming the shunning is our fault. I was so stressed I didn't talk long but I never raised my voice, allowed her to talk and listened respectfully. So may be when LETT is engaging in another Hate Speech rant about "mentally diseased apostates" they may "think" for a millisec ...............or may be not....
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Good for you possum.

I can imagine many brothers and sisters will not even want to man the carts if there is even the slightest chance of being asked uncomfortable questions.

• possum
    possum
    I think one of the hardest things about being shunned is being rendered voiceless. Asking reasonable questions just highlights how ill-equipped JWs are to defend their distorted cultish doctrine/ideology in public. cant be a bad thing.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Questions, any questions are like cryptonite to most dubs. Many have the attitude that unless you're telling them how wonderful and encouraging their literature is, your "attacking" them.

• possum
    possum
    I found questions very confronting when witnessing.... theocratic ministry school teaches a very self righteous attitude ...........to talk AT people not WITH....
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The TMS was to teach us that no matter what the "viewpoint" question we introduce ourselves with, there is only one answer -the literature, and we don't actually want their viewpoint.

• possum
    possum
    Post cult have learned very important lesson to actually respect (even if I don't agree) others viewpoints and their rights as fellow human beings. Conditional love/Wt is no love or life.
  • kramer
    kramer
    Yeah, well done Possum... You really don't have a clue do you?
  • cha ching
    cha ching

You are one awesome possum!!!!

I loved your courage to be able to approach and explain.. Hold your head high!!!

Hugs,

cha ching

• possum
    possum

cha ching thanks

Will not be intimidated by WT org.

slow process getting personal power back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit