2016 convention "movies". Propaganda, pure and simple....

by stuckinarut2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

No doubt all are familiar with the 2016 convention video movies being shown?

(If you haven't seen them, go to cedars YouTube channel to see them in full)

They are the most disturbing, emotionally manipulative, propaganda pieces ever seen.

Thoughts?

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

It's very insane, when I checked the program it is very interesting to note that the shunning talks are on a Friday's symposium!!! That is very clever of the WT, what I mean by that is many times about 90% that go on Friday's are mostly JWs, non Jws normally just go to saturday or sunday... that means the "general" public that missed Friday did not hear the shunning talks & shunning videos...soo disgusting overall anyways!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good point Khaleesi!

Friday is more of an "in-house" training day, while the saturday and sunday is the more sanitised information for the public.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Someone should alert the local newspapers to make sure they go on Friday. 😉

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

They are becoming more and more insular - more and more isolated and deluded. F.O.G.manipulation for days. Literally.

It's weak and it's desperate. But it pays the bills right Watchtower?

Unfortunately, I hear people saying how Jehovah is getting us ready for the Great Tribulation with this convention. When I study who is saying this though, let's just say, they aren't the sharpest tools. I think -

They are lowering the collective IQ of their membership. This convention is a good example.

• Wayward
    Wayward

Disturbing. Very disturbing. I can remember being told we couldn't have worldly friends in school and that we should limit contact with non-drone family members, but I don't remember it being this bad. This is a whole new level of paranoia.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"More videos..........SCHNELL! SCHNELL! Keep scaring the SHIT out of the 'rank and file' so that we can make them off balance. They are much easier to control that way!"

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

I find the part about shunning inactive ones very disturbing, I know there have been comments on this forum that this is nothing new and that's true to an extent, but the level of importance they are giving to shunning combined with NEVER criticizing the org says it all.

Consider this paragraph from a recent WT -

In congregations of Jehovah’s people today, it is very unlikely that we would be treated unjustly. However, those taking the lead among us are imperfect men and could misinterpret our actions. (1 Sam. 1:13-17) If we are ever misjudged or misunderstood, let us remain loyal to Jehovah.

So there is literally no good reason to ever leave or even criticize the org/congregation, and anyone who does can now fall into the category of serious sin and likely be shunned. The message is clear and I for one am very disturbed.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I agree with the OP. It is a bad thing if you have a loved one in the cult and you are trying to extract them. Bigger picture though this is good for the long term demise of the cult. In the past there was just the written word. As disturbing as the literature is, when it comes to life it becomes even more disturbing and ridiculous. Which in turn moves more people to comment on it, more awareness overall about the cult, and less recruitment.

A really good example of this, a video I saw today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nnB-Xj8NZc

• freemamaof3
    freemamaof3

ive watched all the videos but i never caught where they specifically said "inactive ones". I know it said unrepentant sinners. But is there an actual specific place where it says "inactive ones"? I'd like to re-watch that video if someone can direct me to to it. I"m inactive and have been for almost a year and my family is going to the convention july 1.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit