How many JW 'anointedâ„¢'...........

by punkofnice 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

...actually believe they are chosen by god to go to heaven, as opposed to how many do it for attention seeking/presige reasons?

I know we have nom way of really knowing. However, your thoughts interest me.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't think it's necessarily an either-or situation. There's probably a lot of factors that go in to someone deciding they're anointed - I suspect a lot of it has to do with who they've seen partaking (if they're anointed, surely I must be) or with a desire to be anointed (either to rule in heaven or for the prestige now) or other environmental factors. They take that and eventually rationalize their way to thinking they're anointed. I would guess that anyone who's partaking probably genuinely believes they're anointed, but that doesn't mean that the process that got them there was altruistic. People can convince themselves of all sorts of things just because it would be convenient if they are true.

One thing that seems to be true in my limited experience with partakers - they all seem to have a pretty high opinion of themselves. I guess you'd have to - JWs already think they're the best 0.1% of the population. To think you're anointed, you have to believe you're the top 0.1% of that.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I saw a lot of both. Here in the U.S. south, so many big ego brothers swaggering, showing off how humble they are, and proud at the same time. In fact, that's a common phrase for any speech by a politician in these parts - I am both proud and humble...

One elder we knew, an attorney by trade, big talker, suddenly partook one year. There were lots of whispers that he would be in heaven when pigs flew. I said, what the hell difference does it make to anybody.

Seemed to me that being anointed was getting downplayed. Being an elder with power to wield after Big A was the new pinnacle.

Marina

• millie210
    millie210

We had a C.O. whose wife was "annointed".

With her double pierced ears and tight leather skirts

yeah

uh huh

I kid you not.

She was an emotional basket case too.

I guess that is why no one said anything about her?

The Org seems to fear "emotional crazy" amongst the C.O.s wives and leave it alone.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think all who partake today are delusional and/or narcissistic are have bi-polar disease.

Doc

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

My old congregation had no anointed members. In all my 15 years in the cult I met no anointed JWs.

But, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the anointed genuinely believed that god chose them to go to heaven.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All the "anointed" I ever met in my life were all a little... off... to varying degrees.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I started partaking in private after studying the Bible without WTBTS blinders. For years I knew that something was wrong. Then, the 1995 "generation" change was revealed.

Sadly, I was busy being married and just put all my doubts on the back burner.

Anyway, it wasn't until I joined up here that I was "anointed." I just figured that if the Bible was true, then Xians should partake. I never thought that I was better than anyone, in fact, I was pretty humbled.

I believed that "anointed" ones should hate hypocrisy, so I came to hate the actions of the WTBTS. I thought that perhaps the END would come and something would happen, and I would get to help rid the world of all wickedness. That's not a bad thing.

As I studied more and more, more questions arose. Then I learned that Gehenna awaited all who lacked faith in Jesus. With all the Xian sects in existence, who could know the truth? Having doubts meant lacking faith, and that meant death, eternally, for asking logical questions.

Anyway, I never wanted to be in any spotlight, or to honored by other people. I figured that dying for others would be an honor, but wondered if I could really make that sacrifice. The anxiety over being a martyr was extreme. I started drinking heavily, losing sleep, and became depressed.

When I realized that GOD wrote a book that could never be deciphered, not even after thousands of bloody years, I grew weary of endless debates. Why couldn't we just "know" the answers? What kind of Father deliberately withholds vital details from his children, but then sentences them to death for lacking "faith?"

I guess that makes me "off?"

DD

• millie210
    millie210
    DATA-DOG
    I guess that makes me "off?

This part right here makes you sound like a sound nice person and not "off" at all DD.

I just figured that if the Bible was true, then Xians should partake. I never thought that I was better than anyone, in fact, I was pretty humbled.

I really cant imagine any of the "anointed" I knew saying that.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for you comments, folks.

DD - I just figured that if the Bible was true, then Xians should partake. I never thought that I was better than anyone,

When I left the JWs and went to a church, I 'did' communion.

I felt it was binding me to christ (what a burke I was!)

The communion in the churches are not the attention seeking hubris of the JWs. Case in point; the Governing body.....I never saw a humble one yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit