Should I feel sorry for unprepared jws?

by solomon 11 Replies latest jw friends

• solomon
    solomon

Those that discouraged working full time and/or getting some post secondary education and will now feel the pinch because of a tanking economy?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Matthew 7:12 do unto others what you want them to do to you

What goes round comes around or .....

What comes round goes round!

Go figure.

Zing

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOLOMON:

No, I don’t feel sorry for these unprepared JWs who lived on the edge even though they were unwisely urged to do so.

Their Sin wasn’t so much that they didn’t prepare, but they knocked and criticized those who did!

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I don't feel a damn thing for them except they made their choices and their bed and they can damn well lay in it. 30 years ago I would argue and argue till I was blue in the face with my FIL. That he should be saving for his retirement. I was still going to the cult meetings but I was taking every bit of work I could working week ends and late to put away every dime I could. My wife worked all her life also form the time she was 18 and while I was pouring cement she was turning road signs for road repair. He is not SOL and I feel for my wife's anguish over his situation but I manipulate things so no money goes to him. Its not out of anger or revenge ect its because if you give your money away to those who did not prepare you risk your situation. I am not going to sink my life boat because someone else did not prepare. Lack of preparation on someone else's part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Those that discouraged working full time and/or getting some post secondary education and will now feel the pinch because of a tanking economy?

Think back on how sincerely right you though you were back in your JW days and it's easier to see them as victims just as we once were.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PETE ZAHUT:

You and some on the forum see JWs suffering from lack of planning as only victims but I disagree.

Yes, it is true that the religion MISLED them and they heeded bad advice not to plan. In that regard, they are victims. The religion owes them.....However, how these JWs behaved towards OTHER people in the hall who chose to prepare is another thing entirely.

I’ve made many a post describing my bad experience as a young working woman in the JW religion. The reason I’m so vocal is because I’m drowned out by experiences of brothers and ex-elders who got disrespected and not viewed the way they would like to be..People are more entertained by this...But..What I experienced was somewhat more serious than disrespect!

I faced shunning in some cases almost like a DF person would face..I even had fools insult me in their way. I was never invited to many gatherings. Luckily, I resisted all this..Fast forward..I faded after the 1995 Generation thing and retired some years after that.

Bottom line:.I would not be retired if I listened..Why, then, would I care about JWs who chose to pioneer and live on the edge??..These people couldn’t care if I took my next breath.. If you or any other current or ex-JWs want to give $ to these pioneers and other JWs who did not prepare, that’s your business.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I do not feel the least bit sorry for them. I just quote them a scripture and send them on their way. "For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap." You made the choice to have only the most basic education, you made the choice to perform little or no work, you made the choice not to lay aside anything for the future, you made the choice to pin your hopes and dreams and future well being on fairy dust and false promises, now YOU can reap the results of those poor choices!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Many of those I knew didn't seem to be too concerned about me when I was struggling for a job or a place to live when I was younger and they had decent jobs back in the day with generous retirement funds which allowed them or their family members to pioneer or serve where the need was great.

I think if I saw them now I would just share the same scriptures they did with me a long time ago like Matthew 6:33 which talks about seeking the kingdom and Psalms which says throw your burdens on Jehovah and Proverbs 3:5: Trust in Jehovah. Sorry I can't do more than say be warm and well fed.

Back then I received more judgement than I received genuine help. Fuck them.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sure, I feel sorry for them. How quickly we forget that we were once them. It doesn't mean I'm codependent and obsessed with their feelings, or that I would help them, but I have empathy with the members that have been fooled like I was for so long.

"Should" you? You feel how you feel. Should implies there's one correct standard and you are where you are in your feeling with this and you don't owe anybody anything.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I feel bad for anyone [everyone] who's unprepared. It sucks for everyone who relies on the economy for their livelihood. We all live in the world. And we all live together.

ttwsyf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit