Last time the Witnesses came around here

by stillin 7 Replies latest social humour

• stillin
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I love it!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Surely only a JW would climb a tree that has a dog tethered to it?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is that a picture of the resurrection after the thousand years of JC`s reign Rev.20:7-10

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

My old man got bitten in the calf by a dog while out in service and kept trudging on. The brother he was out in service with told my father to go home because he was bleeding into his socks and it didn't look good going from door to door. Not the first time one of my folks has put their physical health on hold because the preaching work takes precedence. My mother once went from house to house with a bag draining the fluids from her partial mastectomy hidden and disguised in an extra handbag. Seriously. By the end of each day in service, my parents are like:

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

@wake! Wow...that sounds like true self imposed martyrdom.....

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 Remember - if it doesn't hurt, it can't be good. Good feelings come from Satan. Pain, persecution and discomfort are the markings of a TRUE Christian.

Remember that pioneer couple in the bunker who proved their loyalty after realizing that, despite putting in 70 hours a month EACH in service, they were still living....[dramatic pause]:

"...a comfortable life."

Cue image of Lloyd slapping himself with sandals and chanting, "MUST. NOT. BE. COMFORTABLE!"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Indeed! Martyrs gotta hate (themselves)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit