wt white washes david again why?

by waton 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

In today's wt "study, "merci" a lot of gaslighting. on one hand: you will be judged the way you are judging, but twice "David" is seen as needlessly killing or intending to kill people for minor transgression,

1) getting ready to kill Nabel, all males not paying his extortion fees, and

2) suggesting to kill Nathan's' imaginary straw man for theft, taking the last, precious sheep.

yet, "David" is not judged in kind, but lives to cause the death of thousands innocents again. (a wolf in sheep's clothes) imho. so:

wt sends the message: we represent the greater david in kingly power , invisibly.

The army is behind us, dont complain, we are approved no matter what we do. and:

"mentally diseased" sheep (aka apostate), isolated behind a closed gate and double wall, (like maze), whereas child molesters, repeat adulterers are let back in, often repeatedly.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WATON:

I was always bothered by the fact the JW religion seemed to give David of the Old Testament a ‘pass’ for whatever mistake or wrongdoing he did!

I assumed it was because the religion considers ITSELF like David and thinks it deserves a ‘pass’ for whatever mistakes IT makes.

• waton
    waton
    thinks it deserves a ‘pass’ for whatever mistakes IT makes.

LGH: right, and by extension, deep down wt writers know, without perhaps realizing it, that they are deserving of the severest punishment, which, according to scripture is prioritized on BETHEl , '"he household of god".

starting with the mark of false prophets, and wt's punishment/ banishment of people that could have helped them, but that instead were silenced. the tribe of Joseph.

• hoser
    hoser

David’s story shows that if you have money and position you can literally get away with murder. Just like the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Hey, wait a minute, my family has money, I have money and I didn't get a free "Pass". I could not even make MS because I was not going to give anyone those green handshakes. Neither did my father.

• waton
    waton
    Hey, wait a minute, my family has money, I have money and I didn't get a free "Pass".

Ov. you did not because "you are no david" , to misquote a presidential candidate debate. try first to collect your 200 foreskins. (a violation of the geneva convention) btw. ,

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Here too there is a choice between what God Himself says and what his envious contemporaries say;

1)God, through His prophet told King Jeroboam: “You have not been like my servant David, who kept my commands and followed me with all his heart, doing only what was right in my eyes”—1 King 14:8

King Jeroboam “did more evil than all who lived before him.” “‘Because of this, I am going to bring disaster on the house of Jeroboam. I will cut off from Jeroboam every last male in Israel—slave or free.[a] I will burn up the house of Jeroboam as one burns dung, until it is all gone”—but except one body who “ the only one belonging to Jeroboam who will be buried, because he is the only one in the house of Jeroboam in whom the Lord, the God of Israel, has found anything good. ( 1 King 14:9, 10, 13)

2) David’s envious contemporaries say David is blood-guilty, committed adultery etc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Hairy one - I was always bothered by the fact the JW religion seemed to give David of the Old Testament a ‘pass’ for whatever mistake or wrongdoing he did!

Even when I was a fully brainwashed Jobot, I found David to be a vile POS.

I never understood their almost worship of the scum sucking pond life.

Hosepipe - David’s story shows that if you have money and position you can literally get away with murder. Just like the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

And just like the Governments in our respective countries. All to be mistrusted and loathed for the self serving filth they are.

• waton
    waton
    2) David’s envious contemporaries say David is blood-guilty, committed adultery etc

A1, a new one to me, I thought wt teaches "All scripture is inspired----

now you assert that the bible is cherry picked by rivaling writing teams?

I know David wrote the hit song listed in the Psalms: " Me, a man according to Jehovah's heart-", but whole chapters? really?

how about the passage where he usurped the priests' role to carry the ark, and used a carriage with the need it to have it hand stabilized? apocrypha too?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

David’s story shows that if you have money and position you can literally get away with murder

I don’t think King David got away with murder. Not only did his son with Bathsheba die, so did Absalom and all the other disasters that happened to him, and his sons later on as God predicted were going to happen to KD as punishment.

Also, a lot of Israelites were probably opposed to David continuing as king but he was appointed by God and God although punishing him also forgave him and backed him up and that is the point. God is the judge.

As it relates to JW and sins and how the JW org handles thing is another topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit