WT Failure To Engage In Charitable Works

by Joe Grundy 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I never was a JW.

WTBTS and its hydra-headed organisations world wide has charitable status. Yet, as far as I can see, it carries out little or no real charitable works.

Last weekend my son and his friends did a 420 km cycle ride and mountain walk in aid of a local hospice at home charity. They've raised (so far) £5,000. This charity makes a real difference.

This a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IjR7IPVRek&feature=youtu.be

Of course, I am inordinately proud of my son and these guys. But these are ordinary guys, motivated by nothing more than 'ordinary' humanity.

What a contrast - and what a waste of effort by JWs.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Good one!

You mean to say that standing for 2 hours or more in the British weather, 10 feet away from a literature trolley, and not speaking to people, is not showing charity?

Wow, you learn something new every day! :)

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Good for them, I'm sure you're proud of your son. The world needs more of him.

As far as the Garbaging Body and their Washouttower go, they reckon getting you saved at armageddon IS charitable enough. We obviously know that's nonsense but good luck convincing them otherwise.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    A Witness see's a staving homeless man on the street and reaches deep into his pockets, his small change clangs around and he...pulls out a Watchtower about the coming paradise earth. "Don't worry it's free!" The Witness nods and walks back to his Saab with a huge smile. The homeless man makes a hat and whispers..."Cheap bastard."
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze
    Joe Grundy, that was beautiful. Your son and his friends rock!

And what a great example to set for the kids. They look genuinely HAPPY to be on the support team.

Meanwhile… Saturday morning here in the states… JW children will be dragged door-to-door in business attire, handing out free tickets to the Titanic as the Garbaging Body (LOL!) rearranges the deck chairs.
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Thanks.

This was a happy weekend, although all involved were completely knackered. (I am the smiling guy with the take-away coffee!).

What struck me was that these are ordinary ('wordly') people, doing something for other people.

The WT people - who have no idea - just can't touch this in terms of 'charitable' work. And they deserve (IMHO) to be condemned for this.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Well, not my place as I never was a JW ...

But I say 'Bollocks' to their claim to be a charitable organisation.

And I will say this to the next (in a long line) of JWs who come to my door.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    That was great! I know you are proud of them. WT discourages this kind of charity. These are truly great character building moments that they miss out on.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Joe!

If I were able, I would climb that mountain . . .

Blessings to you and yours.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit