Are the GB Members Rich?

by sandy 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sandy
    sandy

I remember hearing a long time ago that "apostates" were spreading lies that the Governing Body Members were all rich and had huge extravagant homes. Is there truth to theses stories? If so, is there evidence? I always thought the GB Members lived at Bethel.

Curious George (Sandy)

• freedom96
    freedom96

My understanding is that they have pretty nice suites there at Bethel. If one was to purchase such a suite like that in the area, then it would be quite expensive. Their expenses would be taken care of living there, and any travel that they might do.

But as far as being wealthy, I don't think so.

• Simon
    Simon

define 'rich'

If I never had to work, could travel the globe and had people fawning all over me wherever I went then I might think I was rich !

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I've heard through people that should know that the Gov Body cultivate friendships with rich JWs, and those rich JWs give them money. They ain't hurting financially by any means. Now, the poor sheeples they claim to lead is another matter.

• Farkel
    Farkel

They don't have to be rich. They live and travel like royalty and their every need and wish is dutifully taken care of. Why would they need any money, then?

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

A rich man said that we only need so much money to meet the basics, after that the issue is power and the GB have more power or influence than anyone in the Borg.

Blondie

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Farkel, I agree fully! They get free food, free lodging, free transportaion, free clothing, and I'm sure they dip into the collections to buy whatever they need. I'm sure they look at it as an expense account. EVerything is given to them for free so why would there be a need for money?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Is the president "rich"? When you consider his salary relative to what others make then not really. Yet look at the power that the office holds. All fo your needs are taken care of. You get a private jet, a private helicopter. Your own security force, a huge house to live in right next to your huge office. etc...

• garybuss
    garybuss

They have the benefits of wealth while they are treated like royalty. That equals rich.

• Francois
    Francois

In effect, richer than three feet up a bull's ass.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit