What about pygmies and nomads?

by figureheaduk 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

Does anyone know if the WT believes that the nomadic tribes in Africa and the pygmy tribes living in the rainforests will be destroyed at armageddon ( tm) ? Since these people have been living more or less the same simple lives for thousands of years in some of the remotest parts of the world, and also I guess there would be a problem with the language barrier, I'd take it that the WT hasn't really been able to spread it's false prophecies and dangerous medical and psychological practices, sorry - I meant "Good News" in these parts of the world.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't know. There are 2 possibilities:

1. They will be bird food at Armageddon, because they share this world's "community responsibility" for the evil and bloodshed and everything else for which Jehovah will bring his wrath upon this world (except for those who read and obey the Watchtower, of course!!), or

2. God and Jesus can read the hearts of people. So if a people/nation/ethnic group haven't been reached with the "good news" then they will be gathered as sheep or scattered as goats by Jesus during the great tribulation, which of course is just around the corner!!

Of course, if Jesus can read people's hearts, then why does there need to be a door-to-door campaign to bring forth people's intentions and motives? Ahhhh... but I digressed.

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

I asked my father this question when I was very young (similliar question anyway)... I have no scriptural basis... and may not be quoting the "current belief" (you know how that goes).

He told me that according to God.... "Every eye shall See" and that amrageddon could not come until that happened. He said these people would be given the opprutunity to learn the truth. It would then be up to them to make that choice.

So... I think they started a HUT to HUT campaign sometime around the early seventies. Hoping that they could all learn "pygmie" talk before 1975 hit.

But kat newmas wonders, if perhaps some of them did not stumble into a primitive tribe of cannibals, and tried to convince them that "eating blood" was just not good.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

This was one of the questions I asked to the elders and his response was yes they would be. I asked, "Why would God allow that if you say it's our responsibility to get the word out and we just didn't get it to them yet?" He said that God would allow sufficient time to get the word out and even if we didn't get to some people that might live out in the middle of nowhere and haven't heard "the truth" yet it's still their responsibility to live according to the "truth." But then I said, "Wouldn't that mean they'd be relying on their own understandiing? Isn't that wrong? As you say, everyone needs to rely on the society for their truth. If they haven't been notified and been given the chance to make a choice it wouldn't matter if they WERE living by Gods laws exactly as in the bible because they aren't getting their knowlege from the society. Their getting it from the bible. So that would make it our responsibility and we would be bloodguilty for their deaths. Isn't that so?"

He just passed it off with "Well Jehovah will make sure everyone gets the chance to choose."

But my underlying point was that even if they do everything according to the BIBLE and they get their information from the BIBLE they would still be condemned to death by the JW's because they weren't getting the info from the FDS. Thereby saying that they supercede the BIBLE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit