Beards!!!!! Just knock me over with a feather....

by Captain Schmideo2 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
  • MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I can’t stand Stephen Lett. His chins get bigger by the month. 😆 We are funding the fatties in the GB.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I don't want to watch that video; GB videos make me I'll. Can you tell me what he said that inspired this thread? Are they allowing beards now? Or are they doubling down?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

GB videos make me physically ill also.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Forty plus years ago I was having the beard discussion with fellow Jdubs. All I heard was crap like "it's worldly or wait on Jehovah". I got tired of waiting and their lame reasoning, so I grew a beard. A year or two later I decided I was probably going to leave the Watchtower. They were having a special assembly at Dodger Stadium and I decided to go and listen and give them one last chance to say something intelligent that would make me want to stay.

What wonderful message did these enlightened follows of Jehovah have for us that day? They railed on and on about rebellious brothers doing horrible things like growing beards. There sat the bearded me standing out like a sore thumb listening to them spew out this ridiculous nonsense. They said things like why you are making such a big deal out of things instead of just going along with the organization. I was thinking "I'm making such a big deal out of it? Who rented Dodger Stadium and call on witnesses from all over California to come hear you bitch about beards'" So that was the last meeting I ever went to. I got on with my life and overall, it has been great.

Now they are changing their position on beards. It took Jehovah and his stooges decades to catch up to me. All I say is PISS OFF!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    It took Jehovah and his stooges decades to catch up

Jehovah's Chariot ain't moving as quickly as it used to do.

Broken Down Wagon | Latindog | Flickr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit