USA House Bill calling for the global repeal of blasphemy, heresy, and apostasy laws, passed overwhelmingly!

by Disillusioned JW 12 Replies latest social current

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The article called "Human Progress" at https://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/2021/07/human-progress/ might be of interest to people. It is written by James A. Haught - the same person who wrote the article about the possible number of secret atheists. I like the article.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is my humble opinion that Article 18 of the I.D.H.R is not well written, it should make it abundantly clear that it is a Human Right to reject all religious thought and practice, to be non-religious and/or an Atheist.

Then two good things would happen, JW Org would have to cease even its devious use of Disfellowshipping, and major trading nations could refuse to trade with those who ignore such a Right.

Note I said " could", usually Greed means they do not do so now, even supplying Armaments and other Technology used in Human Rights abuses, the U.K being a shameful example of this.

But remove the possible "Shunning" from the JW Org's arsenal of weapons and it would help so many to break free.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Eleanor Roosevelt, the wife of former President Franklin Roosevelt, oversaw the drafting of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN General Assembly announced it in 1948. Back then people probably weren't thinking much about the right to be an irreligious atheist.

It seems to me that the name "International Declaration of Human Rights" is and older term (used in a UN draft) for the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights". My understanding is that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is not legally binding upon any of the nations which voted in favor of it; it is not a law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit