Is it ‘Christian Freedom ‘ or WTBS Inc. slavery? ***

by MacHislopp 16 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Waiting,

thanks for taking some of your time to read this post.

It is fascinating when you really analyze all...the verbage

used by the mighty WTBS ..corporations and all the lawyers

at her service. I do agree with your comments that eventaully

all comes down to two points:

***1 "The Society is the Final Authority on Matters of Spirituality "

***2 The WTBS Inc. ( ...alias - the Society - ) DOES TEACH"

Like the religious leaders in Jesus' time thay have set ...hundreds

of rules and interpretations which cannot be found in the Bible and

therefore subjected to - revisions, adjustments, correct viewpoint

better understanding and even .. elimination!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again,

Concerning the statement : « the Society teaches » let’s give some examples of light/

words of truth/ clear explanation/ evidence/ proof :

The quotes are taken from the book " The Harp of God",

by J.F. Rutherford , published by the I.B.S.A.,

the "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, N.Y. U.S.A."

and the Peoples Pulpit Association, Brooklyn ,N.Y. "

( 1928 edition).

Let's begin with page 245 , paragraph 420 :

" Evidence is that which is submitted to ascertain and establish the truth upon

a question at issue or for determination. Positive evidence is that which is

given by witnesses who testify to things which they have seen and

know to be true. Circumstantial evidence is a combination of harmonious

circumstances which naturally lead to a certain result, as effect from cause."

It continues:

"Where things transpire in accordance with God's fixed laws, and such

facts we know to be true, these may be said to be physical facts.

If God has caused his holy prophets to testify that certain things

would come to pass at some unknown time, and then such events do

transpire which we see and known to be true, such facts are properly called physical

facts, and such proof is properly called circum-stantial evidence."

More ...verbage on page 245, paragraph 421 :

" The reliability of positive evidence depends much upon

circumstances which are known to be true. If therefore we

find that certain events have come to pass in our day and

that these events are known to us and known to be true, and

that such events and facts are exactly in harmony with

divine prophecy, then we may say, These are physical

facts which we may confidently rely upon as competent

proof to establish the question for determination. The

question now at issue and for determination is, When

did the Lord come to his temple, and what is the proof thereof?"

We must keep in mind that the author of this material,

was part of "God's channel" , "anointed heir of Jesus Christ" ,

"member of the Governing Body" , » appointed by Jesus Christ « !!.

• waiting
    waiting

lol Mac,

I've flipped through some of the older writings........it takes soooooo much effort to understand what the writer's writing about. The phrase "speaka English?" comes to mind.

Btw, I'm dealing with several lawyers & paralegals presently on jw things - and they "don't get it." One of the problems is the JW language. For instance:

1. What is the Governing Body? Definition.

2. What is the Governing Body? Definition by jw.

3. What is the Governing Body? Definition by xjw.

Entirely different dog each time. Is there a website which deals with the words - and definitions of JW Language?

You seem to have a lot of knowledge - so I figured I might ask?

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Oh!

1. What is the Governing Body? WT LEGAL DEPARTMENT definition.

After all, terminology is of importance only to the extent that it prevents misunderstandings.

Better refine my words, eh?

waiting

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Waiting,

a very interesting set of questions. I'll try to give you

an ' accurate annswer' from the WTBS Inc., various

definitions or if you prefer : terminology.

As soon as I'll finish the research , I'll post the result.

Greetings, James Charles MacHislopp

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Waiting,

As I have promised, here we do start, and please don’t take any notice about the supposed ‘Bible based ‘ evidence of the existence of a “christian governing body”, already in the 1 st century, because for that , I’ve already written a specific topic.

So, I’m using the following quotes, only with the aim, to give … the – WTBS Inc’s own definition of …’ a governing body’

As a comparaison let’s see the WTBS Inc’s view of the Jewish Sánhedrin at Jerusalem , existing in the 1 st century C.E.:

I) *** w50 11/15 pp. 444-445 Subjection to the Higher Powers ***

20 Jesus’ apostles took this position. In their day the Jewish Sánhedrin at Jerusalem was charged with certain judicial and legal functions by Caesar’s government. But it was not for this reason part of the “superior authorities” among Jesus’ followers. Jesus had separated his disciples from the natural Israelites and had formed them into a spiritual Israel, “the Israel of God.” (Gal. 6:16) So the Jewish Sánhedrin was no longer a governing body among God’s true people, but was an alien governmental body now. Its being a religious body of priests and clergymen added nothing to its power over Jewish Christians.

Then some quotes about ‘ the modern days…governing body’ :

II) *** w71 12/15 pp. 755-756 A Governing Body

as Different from a Legal Corporation ***

At this meeting a question came up and was discussed from the platform. It was as to what the relationship is between the Board of Directors of the Society as a legal corporation and the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. Are they the same, identical, or are they different? Such questions were due to the fact that it has been published in print that the Governing Body of Jehovah’s witnesses at headquarters is associated with the Board of Directors of the said Society. How did this come about, and does this make the Board of Directors the same as the Governing Body of Jehovah’s witnesses all the earth around?

The official magazine of Jehovah’s Christian witnesses is The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom. In the year 1944 the Watchtower magazine began to speak about the governing body of the Christian congregation. The true Christian congregation was established on the festival day of Pentecost of the year 33 C.E. at Jerusalem in the Roman province of Judea. On that notable day this congregation of dedicated Christians, consisting then of about 120 members, was anointed with holy spirit, which Jehovah God poured out upon them through the glorified Jesus Christ. This anointed body of dedicated, baptized Christians was then given a special assignment of service. According to the prophetic words of Jesus Christ at Matthew 24:45-47, it was given the appointment as the “faithful and discreet slave.” The now heavenly Jesus Christ was the Master and Lord of this anointed “slave” class.

The Bible book, Acts of Apostles, discloses that this anointed Christian congregation as a “slave” class had a visible, earthly governing body. On that day of Pentecost it was composed of twelve men, namely, the twelve apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ. Years later, about the year 49 C.E., this governing body was reported to include the then surviving apostles of Christ and the spiritual elders of the Jerusalem congregation. (Acts, chapter 15) This Christian governing body did not use as an administrative agency any legal corporation recognized, authorized and chartered by Caesar or any province of the Roman Empire. The decree issued was written up and carried by personal messengers to the Christian congregations that were concerned because of the non-Jewish or Gentile converts among them. The Christian apostle John, who wrote the last books of the Holy Bible toward the close of the first century C.E., was apparently the last surviving member of the original governing body appointed by Jesus Christ.

III) *** w71 12/15 p. 757 A Governing Body as

Different from a Legal Corporation ***

GOVERNING BODY

According to the apostolic example of the first century C.E., these dedicated, baptized Christians known today as Jehovah’s witnesses have a governing body, as specifically noted from the year 1944 onward. This governing body has through the years been associated with the publishers of the Watch Tower magazine and the Board of Directors of the legal religious corporation now known as Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.

IV) *** w71 12/15 pp. 757-758 A Governing Body

as Different from a Legal Corporation ***

Are the directors of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania the same as the governing body of Jehovah’s witnesses, who are an unincorporated body of dedicated, baptized Christians and who worship Jehovah as their God? Also, at the annual corporation meeting of the Watch Tower Society such as that at Buckingham, Pennsylvania, do the members of the Society automatically elect the members of the governing body of Jehovah’s witnesses by electing the members of the Society’s Board of Directors? Such questions interested those attending the meeting.

V) *** w71 12/15 p. 758 A Governing Body as

Different from a- Legal Corporation ***

Let us keep in mind that the governing body must be made up of dedicated, baptized Christians who are anointed with God’s spirit and begotten by Him to be his spiritual children, and who are to be united with the glorified Jesus Christ in the heavenly kingdom.

This must be so because, as in the case of the twelve apostles of Christ , the governing body is part of the “faithful and discreet slave” class and presides over it as spiritual shepherds and overseers.

This “slave” class is made up of the spirit-begotten, spirit-anointed followers of Jesus Christ, and these followers make up his congregation on earth and unitedly serve as a composite “slave” of God under the Head of the Christian congregation, Jesus Christ

VI) *** w71 12/15 p. 758 A Governing Body as

Different from a Legal Corporation ***

Not just because they are not anointed heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ, but because the governing body of the “slave” class is not appointed by any man. It is appointed by the same one who appointed the twelve apostles in the first century C.E., namely, Jesus Christ the Head of the true Christian congregation and the Lord and Master of the “faithful and discreet slave” class.—John 15:16, 19.

VII) *** w90 1/15 p. 26 Godly Devotion—Beneficial

for All Things ***

The Friday afternoon program started with the talk “‘The Faithful Slave’ and Its Governing Body.” Confident of the loyalty of his faithful creatures, Jehovah delegates authority. So does his Son. From among his anointed followers, “the faithful and discreet slave,” he has chosen a few to serve as a visible governing body. (Matthew 24:45) In the first century, this group was composed of the apostles and several other older men in Jerusalem.

In modern times the Governing Body has been closely identified with the editorial staff of the Watch Tower Society and its board of directors. But the Governing Body differs from that legal corporation, as the speaker pointed out: “Since the corporation’s existence is purely legal, with a fixed geographic headquarters, it can be dissolved by Caesar, the State.” Not so the Governing Body, which is not a legal instrument but the members of which “are appointed through the holy spirit under the direction of Jehovah and Christ.” Thus, the Governing Body continues to function and to receive the unqualified support of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide.

I do hope that this material can give you a better idea of what the mighty

WTBS Inc. menas when they write about ‘ a governing body’.

As I’ve already written in another post it was Rutherford who mentioned

in a very negative way ‘ the governing body ‘ of the Catholic Church…

and few years later…in 1944…here it comes:

“ . In the year 1944 the Watchtower magazine began to speak about the governing body of the Christian congregation.”

( w71 12/15 pp. 755-756 A Governing Bod as Different from a Legal Corporation “)

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Mac,

Thanks sooooooooooo much! I kinda of figured you were *that kind of guy* who had *that kind of info.*

I'm copying & sending to the legals who requested it.

In the back of Diane Wilson's book "Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness" - there is a glossary of Watchtower words - copying & sending too.

I'm going to *messge* you some questions I have - perhaps you'll have some ideas?

Thanks - waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit