Here's an idea to make money off of JWs

by Funchback 10 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

An ex-JW ("apostate") should create a competitive business selling JW-related products as found on this site (Check out the prices!!!):

http://www.ministryideaz.com/jehovah-witness-new-products-s/1893.htm

Of course, you'd never mention anything about your "apostate" status.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

We once had a JW daycare provider when our kids were little; she was a strong loyalist who was certain (at least verbally) that the End could come tomorrow.

Needles to say, I felt otherwise by then, and I was often tempted to challenge her to "put her money where her mouth was"...

...and suggest that, for every day Armageddon didn't come, she'd waive that day's daycare fee.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Funchback before launching a website selling things like that you'd better check into copyright infringements and things along this line. The wtbts would be right along to collect their share of the profits if it were successful.
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    There was once some talk about producing a disfellowshipping kit. It consisted of ear plugs so you couldn't hear the person, dark glasses so you couldn't see them and even a gag to stop you speaking to them. All it needed was a JW.org logo and you'd be all set to shun!
  • blondie
    blondie
    So what is the proof that this is a business run by apostates or at least non-jws? I have heard rumors over the years but never any hard proof.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

According to the "about us" section on the Site they are active JW's who moved from Canada to S America to serve you know where.

I cannot believe the JW Org is unaware of their activities, but as they claim to employ pioneers mainly, and to be active themselves, the Org coming down hard on them would be seen as most strange by even the very gullible JW's.

i don't think it would be that easy to undercut them much on price without sacrificing quality, but why bother anyway ?

If you have the skills to set up a similar on-line business why not do so with products which will appeal to a wider market ?

In the grand scheme of things these guys are harmless opportunists, our Activist work could be better directed than trying to put them out of business.

• sir82
    sir82

My standing offer to any JW who proclaims that Armageddon will be here by [fill in the date]:

I will give you $25,000 in cash right now, if you sign a contract transferring over all your assets (house, car, bank accounts, etc.) to me as of [fill in the date + 1 day].

Well, that is, it's my offer to JWs who have assets over $25,000 anyway.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

sir82: what a great idea, you can't take it with you. Why not enjoy yourself now

before Armageddon, take a trip to serve where the need is great. You give me a date

or year and I will give you market price for your home today and you can stay in your home.

But if the date you gave me come and go, you will have to road jack. No hard feeling.

• Simon
    Simon

Remove the cash offer part - if people are so confident then shouldn't they be totally safe signing everything over in 25 years? Surely they have nothing at all to lose?

Of course you'd quickly see the reality - they don't believe it at all.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Simon: I agree. In the 60's and 70's folks were taking out second and third

loans on their property. Why, because they felt they would never have to pay

it back. I believe most have learn....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit