Proof that Armageddon will come in 2020 or 2021.

by berrygerry 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"The battle of Armageddon refers to the final war between human governments and God. These governments and their supporters oppose God even now by refusing to submit to his rulership. (Psalm 2:2) The battle of Armageddon will bring human rulership to an end.Daniel 2:44." [COPYRIGHT WBTS EXCERPT TAKEN FROM jw.org WEBSITE]

WT is asking governments now to submit. But why not before?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I remember wondering if the system would last long enough to watch Return Of The Jedi....

I remember for many years watching a reality show to which I was addicted, and always hoping that the big A would not come before the season finale.

That was many, many seasons ago.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

These governments and their supporters oppose God even now by refusing to submit to his rulership.

How exactly are these governments and their supporters supposed to "submit to his rulership?" Turn over all government direction and control to the WT?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "I remember wondering if the system would last long enough to watch Return Of The Jedi..."

berrygerry - "I remember for many years watching a reality show to which I was addicted, and always hoping that the big A would not come before the season finale."

LOL, I can relate...

...1986 was supposed to be the "International Year of Peace", and a lot of JWs got all hot 'n' bothered about it, but I was privately hoping it amount to nothing, because I was only in my early teens, and I knew I'd have to wait until Aliens cam out on video before I'd get to see it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

berrygerry - "How exactly are these governments and their supporters supposed to 'submit to his rulership'? Turn over all government direction and control to the WT?"

Damn; I hadn't thought of that.

When I was a kid, my JW Dad had taught me that that specific turn of phrase meant the world powers would insist on ruling via secular values rather than "theocratic" ones (paraphrasing, but that's the gist), but these days, I wouldn't put it past the nuttier loyalists to interpret it as a specific refusal to submit to Watchtower authority...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit