Mister Farkels Opus.

by Englishman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Now, that would be worth listening to.

Until then, I'm hungry for some more of Farkels musical renditions. I find Farkels interpretations fascinating.

..And I would really love to hear him play Rachmaninov's "Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini". Or anything else come to that.

How about it, Mr Farkel? Are you up for it?

Englishman.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

I'm eagerly awaiting the promised Danse McCabre

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thanks for your interest, E-man!

: ..And I would really love to hear him play Rachmaninov's "Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini". Or anything else come to that.

: How about it, Mr Farkel? Are you up for it?

There is no available piano solo piano transcription for it. I would have to buy the original version and then try to except some of the better parts from it. This makes TWO problems:

1) It won't sound right because so much of the piece is an intermingling of piano and orchestra.

2) The darn thing is VERY difficult to play.

Regarding the Danse Macabre. With any luck, I should have it recorded and up to day or tomorrow.

Thanks again for your interest.

Farkel

• Francois
    Francois

Farkel, are they speaking of the 18th variation? I know I've heard that as a piano solo somewhere. Perhaps in the movie "Somewhere in Time"?

francois

• Celia
    Celia

I am listening to your "Korean Song" right now, and almost every time I am on the darn computer, and it is just beautiful. Thanks Farkel.

edited to add : too bad it is so short !

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    too bad it is so short !

I wonder if Farkel hears this complaint a lot?

Pope

• riz
    riz

heheheh

• Farkel
    Farkel

Francois,

: Farkel, are they speaking of the 18th variation?

Yes, but it's a thousand times more beautiful than Pagannini's variation.

It is, in my opinion, the most sensual piece of music ever written.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

E-Man,

Forgot to mention the fact that Mr. Holland's Opus was filmed in Vancouver, WA where I lived for about four years. In was filmed at "Van High" which is "Vancouver High School" where my two youngest children attended and where my youngest (who just turned 21 today. Yay!) graduated.

The filming of that movie was a BIG event in that relatively little and provincial community. The only other excitement they've had in the last several hundred million centuries was

1) The eruption of Mount St. Helens.

2) The California to Northwest Migration in the early 1990s.

3) What kind of gravy to order on their biscuits in a diner, as "biscuits and gravy" are nearly always the main course.

4) Whether John Deere will run out of hats and/or tractors before they do.

5) Trying to figure out that when they say "Yew bet," that non-locals think they are talking about something sheep-related.

6) Noticing that someone had the nerve not to carry a .357 magnum pistol in his car, and convincing themselves that as a result, that person must somehow be a "fairy."

7) When the only entrance exam question at Clark College is, "didja get yer deer, yet?" If the answer is "yes," you are admitted, and if you got two of them, you immediately made the honor role before you even took a single class!

Sorry, Lew (Dakota Red), but I lived there, too. For a full four years, and I faced major culture shock as a So-Cal boy migrating to the "Great" Pacific Northwest where I was neither welcomed nor liked.

I moved there to be near my two youngest children. My youngest daugher who just turned 21 today is enrolled in Clark College and she passed the entrance exam. But she never shot a deer in her life. She knows how to play the game.

If you folks want to hear something REALLY scary: seven006 and onoacruse has lived there for YEARS and they really LIKE it. Now THAT is really scary!

Farkel

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Meister. Is this music on a website that I can look up and listen in on? Id be most curious to hear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit