Is Lying a Disfellowshipping offence?

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So, if Lying or being deliberately misleading is a "disfellowshipping" offence, why haven't the brothers who lied to the Australian Royal Commission been brought before a judicial committee??

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    They are THE UNTOUCHABLES ! They didn't lie. You were told lies about their lies ! You are lacking faith ! You lack a waiting attitude ! Were there 2 witnesses to the lies ? Why are you questioning Gods Designated Channel? Please attend a meeting on Monday night to discuss a matter of a Judicial nature !
  • Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

No, definite no!

I heard about a DFing that was overturned on appeal due to lying not a DFing offense, so no.

BUT we all know how WT works, if we want you out, we will find a way dammt!

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

"Deliberate, malicious lying, bearing false witness."

This is a df offense, according to the elders book page 67.

• KateWild
    KateWild

If the elders want to DF you, they will find a reason. It's being unrepentant that causes the Dfing. But if the elders don't want to DF you they will find you repentant of whatever you have done.

It's all a sham and dependent on your status with the elders

Kate xx

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I know someone who was DF'ed for lying, he was telling lies about his drinking
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Good reference Daniel 1555!
  • FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914
    If I remember correctly, when they lie to cover their ass they call it "Theocratic Strategy" and then it's okay.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes FreeAtLast1914, but they even lied about not knowing what "theocratic warfare" was while under oath!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

KateWild - It's all a sham and dependent on your status with the elders

Katewild. Perfect statement to describe a JC. It is who you know, your status and which family you belong to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit