Did you have a Narcissistic JW Parent?

by Butterfly607 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Not me... phew... parents were not witnesses.

Dad studied just before he died when I was a teen. But didn’t live with us as mum had enough of getting beaten up.

But I have a brother-in-law that is destroying his family unit at the moment by being ...(excuse my angry language) the BIGGEST NARCISSISTIC ASS in the world!!

Worse narcissistic parents than the religion. Like blondie says... they have more control and more time spent with the children.

Not to mention that the whole family FAILS if a member is not seen as favourable.

All bullshit in my eyes.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Narcissistic mother. The religion was her platform and fuel.

Birds of a feather.

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

Yes mom is a Narc. The first time I went on the platform to give an experience (about 7 or 8) I forgot my lines. As soon as we got off the stage she took me around the corner where nobody could see her and she beat me for embarrassing her.

• LV101
    LV101

nmthinker -- just unreal the JW horror child/physical abuse cases on this board - much I can't continue reading. My family of origin included the worse NON JW egg-donor narcissistic mother on planet earth. These N. Korea/dictator, psycho, non- mothers know every isolation/control/manipulation trick in the book. Thank gawd I had my beloved grandmother/GF and Aunt as my parents and she was depressed and not significant in my life for those formative yrs. The only way the memory care facility has the situation in check at the moment is because of psychotic meds (Seroquel for one and tranqs but could never be enough) and the psychiatrist was treating her for dementia only - (she fooled that ole boy) until I placed her into psych facility at hospital and he had revelatory awakening.

Some of these child abusing cult member JW parents need to be med'd (as well as gazillions of non JW parents) and monitored 24/7 via court appointed authorities and any other way possible re/their children. Let the tax dollars be used for worthwhile purpose. These losers having free will over their children is beyond criminal. Crazy JW cult (as well as other religions) need to be investigated and bunkers/halls need to be monitored via child protection laws. Psycho/alcoholic GB members held accountable as well as their sperm/egg donors or whoever has/had custody. I'd certainly change the laws and immediately.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

My dad. Yes it was terrible. Once my sister and I were thinking about going to the elders about him, but then we'd have to live with him after that. (Plus, we were scared of the elders, so we probably wouldn't have done it) Luckily, he didn't beat us - just yelling, name-calling, berating, silent treatments, seething anger. Then add to that the Jehovah's witness stuff and it was awful.

He is still very manipulative and I am now realizing how manipulative my mom is and that makes me sad because I thought she was different.

The religion trains people to be narcissistic with all of the pride talk and conditional love and the "no one is perfect" only when it is convenient. Blaming the other person instead of admitting anything.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes -- children are too afraid and traumatized to report the loser breeders so they've nothing to worry about and carry on their abuse. Many school psychologists are on their game today but have limitations. Loser parents are not unique in the world and it's sad a religion like WT cult adds/encourages/endorses their evil.

It's hard to face reality but it's much healthier than lying to yourself. Feel the pain - bring it on and once you do the pain subsides/fades gradually over time. Some good reality check books are Toxic Parents, Drama of the Gifted Child (Alice Miller - she's excellent - several books out yrs. ago). I've friends that are very liberal and not fans of this author but benefitted greatly from her book -- Dr. Laura Schlessinger's, Bad Childhood Good Life. I speed read it and seems excellent.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Yep, both.

And they made me... Narcissistic JW Jr.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

My father is a narcissistic man, now an elder, to make matters worse. My mum pretty much just submits. I have had to stay away for my own sanity, he had a hold on me even after I left home because I was still a JW trying to please him. Now, I tried setting boundaries and when he totally and utterly ignored them, I cut him off. I just feel sorry for my younger sister who still lives with them and whom I won't be able to help in a long time. This religion needs to burn to the ground, it gives people like my father a license to ruin his children's mental health and lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit