Learning from History

by no-zombie 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    no-zombie - "...these days I don't believe that the GB has the time left to do something without making radical changes. This is because the world is changes faster than large corporations like WT can adapt..."

Particularly ultra-conservative corporations.

Progressive reform at this stage in the game is off the table for the WTS...

...if they implemented it, they'd no longer BE Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

For clarity, I don't actually think that the WTS will necessarily crash and burn (although I do believe it's possible),

but withering away to a small pale shadow of its former self, particularly if it loses its tax-exempt status?

Absolutely.

Which is fine by me... anything that makes it easier for fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to leave...

• cha ching
    cha ching

Very true, ScratchMe, real estate business it is.... It has money, it can just keep buying/ selling as a real estate business.... but will it still be a 'religion'?

I hope not, I WISH not, I praaaaaaaaaaaaay not (even tho I don't pray), but just thinking about the way people are, I think SOME JW's will still keep 'believing' in what the WT has put out over the years, just like there is still a 'Bible Students' organization, even tho the religion got morphed into "JW's".

My cousin, who is DF'd, not living the life of a JW, not gone to a meeting in years, not planning to, has an family members who are JWs, and when he found out I was no longer "going" he said "Oh, that's too bad."

That being said, I will just have to wait and see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit