My eyes were opened!!!!!!.

by yesidid 11 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

That came for me when I was made aware of the deceit of the quotation

below. Although I was brought up a dub I was not aware that until 1929 they were teaching Jesus had returned in 1874. So how could they say

In Chapter 131 Page of the Greatest Man book:

‘ The manner in which Jesus has just left the earth is without public fanfare and with only his faithful followers observing. So he will return in like manner—without public fanfare and with only his faithful followers discerning that he has returned and has begun his presence in Kingdom power.

And in chapter 132 of the same book it says: ”A careful study of Bible prophecies, including Jesus’ own prophecy regarding the last days, reveals that “the Lord’s day” began in the history-making year 1914, yes, within this generation! So it was in 1914 that Jesus returned invisibly, without public fanfare and with only his faithful servants being aware of his return . In that year Jehovah gave Jesus the command to go subduing in the midst of his enemies!

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I remember years ago studying the Greatest Man Book and its amazing how we can think we are so enlightened beleiving this crap.

I guess it's because we are all half asleep or so well prepared with the book that we forget to actually compare it to what we know the scriptures say.

How cold we have been lied to for so long and not notice ?

m0nk3y

• gumby
    gumby

How cold we have been lied to for so long and not notice ?

Probably 99% of Jehovahs Witnesses never NOTICE when coming across a date in a paragraph and seeing something fishy. It's not until someone is wise enough and brave enough to take what they have said and compared it with other of their writings.

We now how many books in which ones have done this such as "Watchtower Errors", by David Reed. That is a good book to compare Watchtower quotes that completely contradict one another such as the one this thread mentions.

Gumby

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I have to say the first time I really started questioning the "truth" was when a sister pointed out the pictures in magazines and books that had been altered to have other pictures in .. such as Jesus hand in the Revelation Book that had a baby image in it. I then talked to my mum about it and said how could this happen ? isnt the information from the WTS accurate ? If a picture could have this done to it then couldnt the same thing be done to the words ?!? ... Later I realised that wether the words or pictures had been changed the message was still the same .. this isnt the word of God.

m0nk3y

• asher
    asher

Jesus returned in 1914 (invisibly) and nobody knows it but JWs.

Is that the 'good news'?

• yesidid
    yesidid

"I guess it's because we are all half asleep or so well prepared with the book that we forget to actually compare it to what we know the scriptures say"

mOnk3y

You are soooo right. That aspect never occured to me before. I remember studying that book, I looked up all the unquoted scriptures and prepared very well. Of course that was my all time favourite book. But as you said I just didn't compare.

Thanks for the insight.

• gumby
    gumby

Jesus returned in 1914 (invisibly) and nobody knows it but JWs.

Is that the 'good news'?

Good point Ashur! That point never made sense to me. His arrival would be one of good news that only the dubs would see. The nations would not take notice, and christendom would not go out to meet the bridegroom adorned for her husband. Why in the hell would she. She...isn't the one who proclaimed a false prophecy that he arrived on a date that history had proven to be false. Dipshits! Gumby

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I heard Carl Sagan talking about doomsday cults and how they explain why the world is still here after the nominated date. He gave some examples and then said that the most imginative was one group said that the world had in fact ended in 1935 (or 1914 or somthing) but no-one else had noticed!!! I wonder who that was... :-)

• blondie
    blondie

Actually until the 1943 the WTS taught that Christ returned invisibly in 1874.

8/15/74 WT 506-507 No Spiritual "Energy Crisis" for Discreet Ones
    In 1877, Russell joined Nelson H. Barbour in publishing the book Three Worlds, and the Harvest of This World. It indicated that the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 would be preceded by a forty-year period to open with a three-and-a-half-year harvest beginning in 1874 C.E. According to Bible chronology thereafter adopted, it was understood that 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth ended in 1872, whereas six millenniums of human sin concluded and the seventh millennium began in 1874. Christ’s presence was thought to have begun in October 1874, at the start of the great antitypical Jubilee.—Lev. chap. 25; Rev. 20:4.

From that understanding, it was thought that the "chaste virgin" class began going forth to meet the Bridegroom in 1874. (2 Cor. 11:2) Hence, when C. T. Russell began publishing a new religious magazine in July 1879, it was called "Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence." It was heralding Christ’s presence as having begun in 1874. This invisible presence was expected to continue until the Gentile Times ended in 1914, when the Gentile nations would be destroyed and the remnant of the "chaste virgin" class would be glorified with their Bridegroom in heaven by death and resurrection to live in the spirit. (1 Cor. 15:42-44) Thus would the "discreet virgin" class enter through the door into the wedding.

In 1943 the Watch Tower Society’s book "The Truth Shall Make You Free" did away with the nonexistent extra 100 years in the period of the Judges and placed the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence in the 1970’s. It also fixed the beginning of Christ’s presence, not in 1874, but in 1914 C.E.

Blondie

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Nice catch yesidid!!! Now whenever I need an example of how the Society has lied and continues to lie about its history, I can just grab the Greatest Man book. I know there are other examples where they try to perpetuate this myth, but the Greatest Man book is such a well-known book to all dubs, so it is a much more glaring example than some of the others.

Thanks for the info!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit