Hemoglobin Infusion??

by Vetro 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Vetro: Who are these companies?

This comes from the book No Man's Blood by Gene Church, 1986 (the biography of Ron Lapin, the "bloodless surgeon").

http://roman142.blogspot.ca/2014/09/no-mans-blood-gene-church-1986-version-1.html

I do not have the name of the insurance company that is spoken about in this account of three JW men who met with Ron Lapin but from the following, it is evident that it is a JW owned insurance company:

204 Three men from the insurance company arrived for their appointment with Dr. Lapin. As Lapin’s secretary, Jodi, greeted the staunch visitors, she observed how much they looked like elders from some sort of church. Interestingly enough, she was right.
    205 After introductory handshakes, the men settled down in comfortable chairs to discuss business. The company they represented served only families in which both spouses were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    206 A little extreme, Lapin thought, but then, it’s their business.
    207 The men had heard about Lapin through Mr. Nathan, Maria, and other Witnesses who had called Lapin and received free consultations and advice. They were there to inspect him, determine his motives, and discern his reason for operating on Witnesses while respecting their religious convictions.
    208 Lapin leaned back in his chair and calmly expressed his belief in the Witnesses' right to concordantly exercise their faith while having the best medical care available. He became louder and noticeably irritated as he spoke of the indifference exhibited by his peers toward the JWs. He was upset by the fact that many Witnesses waited too long to get help and that a number of others had come to completely distrust physicians in general.
    209 They appreciated Lapin’s directness. He supported and defended the rights of the Witnesses and emphasized that all people are entitled to their chosen beliefs.
    210 When the elders finished, Lapin had a question of his own. He wondered what the real purpose was behind their visit and questioning.
    211 One of the men, Herk Hutchins, explained that their company received countless calls from Witness policyholders in desperate need of either medical treatment or advice. Whenever they sought medical assistance directly, they encountered frustration, futility, and dead ends. Most doctors refused to treat them.

I have ran across a few health insurance companies that are JW owned and operated (one in India) but, I apologize...that info is somewhere in my archives on a different computer. I will try to dig it up when I have more time.

• Vetro
    Vetro
    Their premiums must be ludicrously expensive.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    so can someone tell me, fractions & now haemoglobin are allowed, how much blood does it take to extract these & does that mean that it is no longer spiritually illegal to give blood? Last I knew you could get DF`d for that.
  • Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Nothing new there. The change allowing hemoglobin goes back to 2000. Hemopure has saved a few JW lives but it is problematic. Scroll down towards the bottom:

http://ajwrb.org/watchtower/blood-vaccines-and-organ-transplants

• Vetro
    Vetro
    Hemopure doesn't exist anymore, the company has gone udner, I tried calling them, nothing but a busy signal. Probably the navy is still experimenting with it.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Vetro: Hemopure doesn't exist anymore, the company has gone udner, I tried calling them, nothing but a busy signal.

Hemopure, Biopure, Opk Biotech...

Yeah. Funny how all those companies are all of a sudden almost invisible, isn't it?

Hmmmm....what the heck happened to those artifical blood companies and their investors? I wonder who invested in artifical blood...do ya think it maybe was a certain corporation who promoted it...???? Hmmm....

*oh my...the Biotech website is gone...that vibrant company that had such a grand website not so long ago...what the heck is going on in the artifical blood world??

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

We have some additional information towards the end of the article:

http://ajwrb.org/science/watchtower-approves-hemopure

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Well...I'll be damned.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=61346883

OPK Biotech, LLC was incorporated in 2009 and is based in Delaware. On April 25, 2014, an involuntary petition for liquidation under Chapter 7 was filed against OPK Biotech, LLC in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts. On May 20, 2014, the involuntary petition was approved by the Court.

Biopure was bought out by Opk Biotech (Russia based...) and now Biotech is bankrupt.

Who is manfacturing Hemopure? The cow bovine dervied blood substirute that the WTS approved for their guinea pigs?

Huh...it soesn't seem like that option is open to JWs anymore.

Who is manufacturing Hemopure now? Is it available at all?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The link provided from Secret Slave above gives a good explanation.

It is the oxygen carrying component of RBCs. Oxygen binds to hemoglobin with high affinity in an oxygen-rich environment and leaves hemoglobin in an environment where there is not enough oxygen.

You see whole blood consists of different components. One of these components has H20 (water) in it. Are you going to deprive yourself of water in an operation because it is a component of the blood cells? That is the rationale behind the acceptance of the various components

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    LeeElder: We have some additional information towards the end of the article:
    http://ajwrb.org/science/watchtower-approves-hemopure

Thank you. This is what I found at the end of the article:

Biopure, the company that produced Hemopure, had a very colorful history that eventually led to prison time for Howard Richman (SEC violations) and eventually bankruptcy in 2009 with its assets purchased by OPK Biotech. At the time of the most recent update of this article in 2014, Clinical Trials of Hemopure continued to be in progress.2

OPK Biotech is now bankrupt.

Who is manufacturing Hemopure? Where is the Hemopure coming from for those clinical trials? Is Hemopure even available?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit