Al-Amiriya...The Ultimate Mistake From The Last Gulf War

by ISP 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Again, any argument about how terrible he is surely further indicts the governments of the west who put him in place and supported him and armed him for all those years while these things went on.

"We know he has chemical weapons ... we still have the receipts"

Interesting how the Iraqi links to Al Quiada are now being quoted as gospel just as the constant repetition of "weapons of mass destruction" has eventually become accepted.

People are being spoon fed propagenda and are lapping it up.

• seawolf
    seawolf
    People are being spoon fed propagenda and are lapping it up.

AMEN!

I could go on all day! One of the biggest ones is that Saddam gassed his own people(the Kurds in Halabja).

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/31/opinion/31PELL.html

The interesting part:

This much about the gassing at Halabja we undoubtedly know: it came about in the course of a battle between Iraqis and Iranians. Iraq used chemical weapons to try to kill Iranians who had seized the town, which is in northern Iraq not far from the Iranian border. The Kurdish civilians who died had the misfortune to be caught up in that exchange. But they were not Iraq's main target.

And the story gets murkier: immediately after the battle the United States Defense Intelligence Agency investigated and produced a classified report, which it circulated within the intelligence community on a need-to-know basis. That study asserted that it was Iranian gas that killed the Kurds, not Iraqi gas.

The agency did find that each side used gas against the other in the battle around Halabja. The condition of the dead Kurds' bodies, however, indicated they had been killed with a blood agent - that is, a cyanide-based gas - which Iran was known to use. The Iraqis, who are thought to have used mustard gas in the battle, are not known to have possessed blood agents at the time.

Also, Saddam trying to assassinate former President Bush #1 in 1993. This New Yorker article from 1993 investigates it and finds the evidence questionable at best.

http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?archive/020930fr_archive02

Regarding the attempted assasination of Bush:

But my own investigations have uncovered circumstantial evidence, at least as compelling as the Administration's, that suggests that the American government's case against Iraq—as it has been outlined in public, anyway—is seriously flawed.
  • Xander
    Xander

And I'll throw in another thought:

"An eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind"

You know who that's from.

Endlessly counting casualties on each side to heap more blame on the other will destroy humanity if left unchecked.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Am I reading you all correct? You all think Saddam Hussein is a good guy and a peaceable fellow?

I agree, some of you are being spoon fed propaganda.

• Simon
    Simon

hey, a classic "straw man" argument live in action!

When has anyone said that saddam is a nice guy? All we have said is that we don't like people killing innocent women and children.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Ok.

so let's assassinate Saddam, thereby fixing the mistake the western nations made when they put him in power. Then invade, set up a democratic government!!!!

Sheesh.

CZAR

• ISP
    ISP

Simply taking Saddam out is the best solution. He's got lots of enemies anyway. Prob;em is we are likely to kill more innocents and give the extremists more reason to hit back in the only way they know how.

ISP

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

The latest piece of kit that the americans plan to use is the M.O.A.B. ( mother of all bombs ).

This bomb is as long as a double decker bus and is so heavy that it cannot be loaded onto a B52 bomber.

It has over 21,000 lb's of explosives and is the most poweful non-nuclear devise. The MOAB will be dropped from a 'SAMARITAN' c-131 aircraft. (surely some symbolism there ? )

The MOAB is guided by G.P.S. It spreads a flammable mist over the target area, then ignites it covering over 1 mile radius.

And the Americans are concerned for civilian lives? I think not.

Iraq is in breach of 16 UN resolutions. Israel is in breach of over 60.

Iraq has the 2nd largest reserves of OIL after Saudi Arabia.

Methinks its about Oil and the spread of American imperialism and has nothing to do with liberating the Iraqi people from a dictator that the Americans and British funded for years.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Searchforignorance:

The MOAB is an updated daisy cutter bomb. So what. You think they are planning to drop it in bahgdad? Get a clue.

If anything it is less likely to kill Civilians since it has GPS.

The US goes out of its way to reduce civilian causualties.

Why arnt you protesting the Russian invasion of Chechnya??? Where are all the protests regarding Russia????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I love this argument. Part one: We need to worry about our own country Part two: We care about the Iraqi people Well??? Which one is it????? You care about the Iraqi people yet you are more than willing to let some Psycho Dictator rule the country.

Yes, we put him there. Yes, we armed him. WE MADE A MISTAKE. LET US FIX IT!!

• ISP
    ISP

The position with Israel is hard for many to reconcile.

It has not signed upto any treaties on nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. It does not say it has nuclear weapons! No one asks, mind you!

I was pleased to hear Bush talk about sorting out the Palestinian situation after he does Iraq. i just hope it happens. While you have Israel getting away with murder with the apparent approval of the West, you fuel the fires of Islamic hatred.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit