please help me understand

by needs_lots 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Thanks mouthy.

Iam not offended at all. I just don't know what I believe anymore. The witnesses put such a bad taste in my mouth for god that I just do't know.

Thanks for the hugs.

By the way, the judge called my lawyer today and asked for an extension until May 31. So we still won't know anything until then. UGH! 2 months more seems like so long.

vic

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh no Vickie that is so awful. May!!! Well I must keep on praying about it. Who knows why it is taking so long!!!! Love ya honey !!!! Keep your chin up..... ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Vic: First stay strong, people have to start bringing these abusers to light and exposing them for who and what they are and have done.

As for me I have dealt with the same crap from my family and Thunder Riders dealing with emotional abuse but We ARE THE ONE'S causing the rift in our family. So I know how it is I am sick of the victim being made to feel guilt when it's the monsters that have free reign in life. What I have started doing is turning the questions to them asking them WHY I should have to deal with this crap the mumble and stumble over their tongues.

Look at the Elizabeth Smart case that bastard that took her ex-wife was interviewed she called him a pedophile and said he had been for at least 19 years. She has TRIED to tell everyone, until people start realizing we are being held hostage emotionally, financially and legally by these perverts we will NEVER BE A FREE COUNTRY .

You give em hell Vic and tell your family that your Father should have thought about the consequences of HIS ACTIONS before he betrayed his child.You did nothing wrong do not let them make you feel guilty another minute please

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Vicky

I'm so sorry for your pain. Yes you have been hurt badly and none of it should have happened.

how family members can treat you as if you were the abuser

Because you told. Incest was my family's dirty little secret and we kept it very quiet, until I had enough and I spoke out. Then I was treated like I was radioactive. What you need to understand is that in a dysfunctional family, oftentimes the burden of the family's pain (as well as their hopes and dreams) is often placed upon the best and brightest of the family. That would be you. You are the strongest member of your family, as well as the most courageous. But that's because you had to be when you were younger, wasn't it? Your siblings cannot face what you have faced, because they lack the inner strength, intelligence and most importantly the desire.

Your father gets sympathy from them because that is the course of least resistance. Again, the lack of inner strength and courage comes into play. It would cost them to be openly sympathetic with you; it doesn't cost them anything to be that with with your father.

How much longer do you have to bear this "burden?" I hope you seeing a counselor/psychologist. You have anger and sadness that is turned inward and that is only adding to your pain. I went through the same thing. All those messages my family told me (you're ugly; you're stupid; you're fat, etc. etc.) came into play after I told and I felt as if the weight of the world was on my very narrow shoulders. You have a great deal of emotional shit that's been dumped on you and you need to put it back where it came from. What you are feeling doesn't belong to you. I would imagine the trial was exhausting on many levels, but it was also a way for you to begin dumping that stuff back where it belongs.

Vicky, my heart aches for you. I know how it feels. But at some point you need to decide how much you are getting from your family versus how much you receive from them. If it costs you more to be around them then you need to consider very carefully how much of a relationship you want. In my case, the choice was clear. I changed my name, moved, got an unlisted phone number and haven't seen or spoken to my family in nearly 11 years. But that is a very personal decision.

As far as God, all I can say is you need to find your own way. I still believe in a God, and that belief includes an understanding for ALL a victim of abuse goes through. I believe my God was there when I was raped physically by my father and he was there again when I was raped spiritually by Jehovah's Witnesses. And still there is love and acceptance for who I am. That is what I believe, but as I say you need to come to terms with a Higher Power on your own.

Take care,

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit