need input: Asked my wife to show me in the bible where Christ became King in 1914

by goingthruthemotions 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So my wife is so diluted and brainwashed. During this time she is having so much anxiety, mainly because me and my son's want nothing to do with the religion.

So the discussion was, i told her will never go back because they go way beyond what the bible teaches all the time. i brought up overlapping generation, 607 and then i told her...show me where in the bible that jesus returned invisbly in 1914 and started ruling? I don't think she even knows this is taught and she was brought up in it. she is one of those who doesn't know what is taught but believe it with all her heart and will not do any research. She is in my opionion one of the most dangerous kind of witnesses. She has stated that if the GB BOZOS said to drink poison that she would.

so how does the WT spin it that Jesus started ruling in 1914?

• Biahi
    Biahi

They made it up, it’s all bull. Just like Jesus picking them as the “one true” religion. There is no proof, just their claim.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

A mind changed by force is a mind unchanged.

It might not be the best time right now to shake up her faith, you could wind up with an emotional mess on your hands. Once this current situation passes, she may be more likely to see it as another false alarm, on her own.

I simply asked my wife to explain certain beliefs to me as if I had been away long enough to have forgotten them. I didn't comment one way or the other but in the process of explain them to me, she realized that they didn't make sense. If I'd have pointed things out to her, she'd have dug her heels in, on principle.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I told her will never go back because they go way beyond what the bible teaches all the time

Yes and the reason for that is it has been a religious publishing house for over 140 years.

Preaching Jesus's new Kingdom is fine but it has to be preached according through the way that Jesus instructed his true faithful followers to do so, the WTS has been false prophet apostates selling a tainted commercialized version of the Gospel of Jesus .

Every person who was a JWS and still is a member of this organization is sharing in the sins of these men.

• LeeT
    LeeT

"how does the WT spin it that Jesus started ruling in 1914?"

Hope this helps you make sense of the nonsense.

My collection of 1914 links

Let me know if the link doesn't work for you.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

nothing worse then a true believer

• skin
    skin

You really have been blinded by Satan. How can you not believe all those things are fact and truth.

• Smiles
    Smiles

so how does the WT spin it that Jesus started ruling in 1914

Because World War I proved King Jesus evicted Satan from heaven.

You can debate scripture and chronology, but with a PIMI JW, it is nearly impossible to persuade them that WWI is not clear evidence of Jesus (aka Archangel Michael at Rev 12:7-12) was invisibly given power as heavenly king, with his first act as king being the eviction of Satan to earth, which caused great "Woe" for the inhabitants of the planet. - Revelation 12:12

Remember too that, to you, the 1914 doctrine may seem like a critical part of JW faith, but to your wife, 1914 may be a sort of non-issue. Something else may be motivating her to hold the JW faith. It could be the desire for everlasting life in a paradise earth, the "resurrection hope", the "loving united brotherhood", fear of shunning...something with an emotional connection.

If/when Watch Tower is forced to modify or abandon the 1914 doctrine, millions of JWs will still continue to follow Watch Tower because of their emotional connection to other parts of that belief system.

Attempting to forcefully awaken a JW can often result in very undesirable side effects.

If your marriage and family are genuinely happy now, it may be best to live and let live.

Sometimes the passage of time is what awakens a JW, when they naturally realize that the utopia they are promised may not be "just around the corner."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You could ask your wife about a dozen and more core JW beliefs and where in the Bible is it found and she or no Elder would be able to give you a definitive answer to your question .

To many of the rank & file its purely an emotional attachment to the religion ,they have their ears tickled ,it sounds good . No more worry,live in a paradise earth,no food or accommodation worries,no sickness or death .

Who wouldn`t want to live under those conditions and they just WANT TO BELIEVE IT.

Jehovah`s Witnesses aren`t the only religion who teach and preach these things ,none of which can validate their claim anymore than the JW`s.

To name a few.

The Worldwide Church of God.

The Seventh Day Adventists as well as other Adventist movements

The Christadelphians

Just to name a few.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It doesn't matter how they do it. Leave it up to her to do the research to explain it to you. If she doesn't want to bother, choose a better question, preferably something that bothers her, not you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit