You are a Jehovah’s Witness or you are nothing at all…

by silentbuddha 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

When a person learns the TTATT impacts the reaction. I cannot imagine learning TTATT at an age where there are few options. I suspect that if I was at the age I am now (60) when I learned the truth my reaction would be very different than what actually happened. I discovered that I was living a lie in my late 30s. It took 10 years to disengage from my cultish past.

I made decisions with the mindset of someone that had enough time to make significant life changes. I made very tough decisions - all of which I am happy with. However, I could never engage in the same strategy as a 60-year-old man. I really understand how some react to that moment when they learn TTATT.

• Alive!
    Alive!

I am now 60 years old and first truly faced the truth about my religion some 4 - 5 years ago.

Haven't been to a meeting since 2012 I guess, after over two decades of true dedication.

It's been a journey I can tell you...losing your community and your closest friendships at a late stage in life.

You don't build such "bonds" overnight of long term history, trust ....but particularly history and memories that bring friendships especial joy in later life.

But, it's OK.

Well, no...it's not OK.....but really, life keeps opening up new growth and emotional richness.

The former JW life that was compromising my conscience and making me feel slightly insane was simply not an option.

Keep your eyes wide open and see the divine illuminating through the darker spaces of this world.

Have hope.

👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit