Venezuela oil worker video assembly

by Steel 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Steel
    Steel

For anyone who didn't have the pleasure of attending the assembly , they has a video of a Venezuelan man who with 20 years experience was asked to sign a card stating he was a member of a political party to keep his job. He choose to become a day labour with three kids to feed.

I work in a union shop with a few jws and we had to join the union to remain employed.

I have never been to a meeting. Never voted on any job action. I don't even know who the union reps even are. I don't even know where my union cars is. Don't care, dont care, don't care.

I got into a huge fight with my wife over the absolute stupidity of it all.

As as American don't you to sign a paper pledging loyalty to the US to get a passport.? How does the governing body travel?

Rant over

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Those are blanket rules. In other words, it is better to have the rule and make some exceptions that to not have it at all.

The organizations needs people who can contribute in one way or the other knowing that they will always have a mix of them all. Either you contribute money, time (preaching or building preferably) or you contribute misery in the form of martyrdom. In a country like Venezuela (or back then in Malawi), then can't expect that monetary contributions will amount to much. So in places like that political rules are held to a higher standard because they need the stories. Something to write in the annual books.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, most countries have requirements stating that in order to be a citizen or have a passport, one must agree to pledge loyalty to the country.

The GB must be arrogant and downright stupid if they are going down the path of the Mexico/Malawi scandal yet again?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sounds like more propaganda lies by WT!

• Steel
    Steel

What bugged me was poor Pedro talking about how it would bother his conscience if he signed the card even if no one knew.

if you can whitewash a 100 years of prophetic failures, doctrinal flip flops and thousands of pending child molestation cases and I am pretty sure your conscience can survive a pointless gesture.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Didnt the WTBS sign something that made them a member of the United Nations, weird huh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit