Brother Jackson visits the Italy branch

by LaFrancia 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• LaFrancia
    LaFrancia
    Brother Jackson visits the Italy branch.

To all the missing brothers and ex-brothers Greetings stay healthy!

This week Brother Jackson from world headquarters is visiting Rome and Bologna where the new branch will be built (by now the Watchtower has turned into a multinational construction company and the old days are just a beautiful faded memory).

The Bethel of "Italian/dissident/fugitive/spiritual" witnesses (active, but who do not agree with the organization's policies and directives because they are unscriptural) which has only a virtual location on the internet, (John 4:23, 24) will inform with a simple report this weekend.

These are routine visits, but sometimes information of interest to the Lord's servants can come out by mistake
    greetings. Stay healthy!
  • LaFrancia
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I thought the new branch had been built and the branch had already moved out of Rome to the new facility in Bologna. I was in northern Italy near Rimini about 5 years ago and spoke with a brother who had worked on the new branch (his English was passable). I must be wrong, so please update.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm sure Bro Jackson will feast upon the fine Italian cuisine until his shirt buttons pop!

Ahhhhh, it's good to be the Kings!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Why is it the watchtower is the the only religious organization that needs hundreds of facilities and billions of dollars just to share the so called good news? Meanwhile how many brothers in Africa are still meeting in shacks?

• LaFrancia
    LaFrancia

Program started at 10 am on 13 May 2023.

President announces song 50

Do not register the program. You can take notes but they should not be distributed on the internet.

Greg Cicciù branch committee member

Report from the Italian territory

Interview with Carmine Boscaino of the branch committee on welcoming our refugee brothers from Ukraine. To date, 1814 refugees have been welcomed and over 5750 lodgings have been made available by the brothers.

In Italy there are 3 Ukrainian-speaking congregations now.

Many brothers who died of covid during the pandemic in Italy.

Over 6000 baptized in the 2 years 2021-2022 despite the problems.

Interview with Romeo Spina member of the CDF on the progress and reopening of theocratic schools

Watchtower Study Summary by Brother Gianfranco Andreotti, a member of the branch committee.

In progress.......

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Why is it the watchtower is the the only religious organization that needs hundreds of facilities and billions of dollars just to share the so called good news? Meanwhile how many brothers in Africa are still meeting in shacks?

It's hardly the only religious organisation that has "hundreds of facilities and billions of dollars just to share the so called good news" - you might have heard of a little group called the Catholic Church, for example! But I agree with the latter part - it's hypocritical for them to condemn wealth disparity in other churches, when the GB are happy to demand millions from lowly publishers to splurge on fancy new branches and on video studios while members in other parts of the world still do not have basic facilities.

LaFrancia - thanks for the update so far. It's good to hear an unbiased, straightforward reporting of these events, rather than from the JW website or GB update video where it will inevitably be given an exaggerated spin.

• LaFrancia
    LaFrancia

At the end two speeches. The first from a very young black brother Michael Banks. Anything interesting

At the end brother Geoffrey Jackson and a speech of normal routine.

There are more things to hide than to say. That's why these special events aren't special at all except behind the scenes behind closed doors

Nothing, nothing important to report. Usual routine talk. No mention of removing brother Anthony Morris from the governing body. No mention of the Norway case and no mention of the problems in the US over accusations that he covered up named accused of being pedophiles. There is no transparency but theocratic propaganda continues

**The only thing to mention is that they have begun to train young people in visits to the area, in fact, the black brother Michael Banks or Benks who works as a secretary in the office of the teaching committee ((?! ) He's very young in his 30's or so to look at. The entire show lasted just over 2 hours which I find unusual. Maybe they shortened the length of these events? Can anyone confirm from other nations or countries?

good day everyone

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Talking about the disparity between wealthy and poorer countries. I remember as a PIMI, that the KH I attended was going through, what I considered to be, an unnecessary renovation.

During this exact same time I had to travel to a developing country, for work purposes. While visiting a town I decided to attend a meeting. Tbh the Kingdom Hall, I felt, was in a very bad state of repair. What I found troubling, so much so that I can remember it to this day, is that we were squandering money on a building that really didn’t need it. Why wasn’t wt designating this money to this KH in this developing country. I now the reason why. Shortly after the ReFab the KH was sold, in order for a quickly built hall. The buggers walked away with a 100k ReFab, that its members paid for, and a $mill pluse for when the hall was sold.

• Gorb
    Gorb

With this question, you give the answer.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit