How did you rebuild your belief systems

by happysistah 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

I just try to be a good person. I also no longer take anything at face value or for granted. I double check everything that I'm told, of a religious nature especially. I tend to believe what evidence says is provable. That means that God may or may not exist, as far as I am concerned. If he or she does exist, then God probably will know my circumstances and that I am a good person.

I would highly recommend finishing Crisis of Conscience. Ray Franz covers this very question at the end of the book. It tells how he rebuilt his belief system. I think you will find that there are as many answers to this question as there are exJWs. By reading how others did it, you will find your own way. That's the most important thing. For the first time in your life it will be YOUR belief system. It will be unique and individual to you. I think that is what is so cool about the people on this board. They each have their own unique ideas an opinions. I just love it!

Welcome Happysistah!

Tammy

• greven
    greven
    I think that is what is so cool about the people on this board. They each have their own unique ideas an opinions. I just love it!

Amen to that Swan!

This clearly shows that 'unity' does not equal 'uniformity' unlike the JW's like to think. They claim to be one big happy brotherhood because they have one line of thinking. But this is not true: there are many different people with all different ways of thinking, only in the JW group that thinking is suppressed and channeled into one mind, one voice kinda mentality. No wonder many are depressed!

Greven

One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

Robert A. Heinlein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit