Yahoo article, "It happened to me: My Mom Dumped Me in Foster Care When I Renounced Her Religion

by fortis et liber 7 Replies latest jw friends

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Interesting article and even more interesting comments.

Author was molested by a JW elder, told her mom (and others) about it, was not believed, her behavior spiraled out of control (acting out), was placed in foster care by her mother that refused to believe an "upstanding member of the congregation" could do something so despicable.

Article here (I hope this works/I'm such a Luddite): http://news.yahoo.com/happened-mom-dumped-foster-care-160000998.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=ma

Love to all,

Fortis

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Wow
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    This is horrific. I don't know why the state doesn't prosecute parents who abandon their kids...especially after they have been abused. She's such a good women she's most upset about the kids who were attacked after her.
  • LV101
    LV101

No protection for children at all same as the dark ages! What kind of animals run this country - oh yeah, one that protects the religions and not the children/people. Makes me sick!

• mrmagic
    mrmagic
    The woman who gave birth to me always threatened me to put me in foster care and give me up for adoption, long before we became JWs. I used to be so afraid if I didn't clean my room or do other chores she demanded. Then when they became JWs the violent beatings increased. This article makes me sad and angry while at the same time it is no surprise. Her mother is a narcissist. Hopefully this young woman will get some kind of healing and closure and a loving support system that *truly* has her back.
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Another fine witness for Jehovah!

clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You know something's fundamentally broken when slaves try to conceal the fact that they're beating the other slaves...

x

...by further beating the other slaves.

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    I feel for you. My brother was also not believed and there was no second witness, so the bastard that violated him went free and continued to serve in the organization. My mother went on to say that if it happened, then it was because he wanted that. So sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit