2 nitwits I mean witness

by anthonymorris2nd 1 Replies latest social humour

• anthonymorris2nd
    anthonymorris2nd

howdy folks, had my boy AMIII over for lunch & a chat today (well, his mother did, I just tend to sit in my favorite chair and crack open a six pack or four, let the two of em get on with it).

Anyway, Mother asks Toni if they are going to scrap that infernal 2 witness rule of theirs, to protect the kids, like. Well, anybody would think she'd just asked him to snog Stephen Lett live on JW broadcasting. Nearly choked, spraying me with his gravy!

"Buggar, no"says he. (swears like a sailor off camera does our Antony), "we'd have to report Lawd knows how many crimes then we would. Loose half the bleedin'publishers in a week without that little number."

Well, to be honest I wasn't surprised. I mean we all know they like to be seen to be honest upstanding citizens, but the truth is, without that little rule "convieniently"tying their hands when it comes to reporting crime there would be problems. Without that particular 'head in the sand'manouvre they'd have more crooks than a gathering of shepherding tool salesmen!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"'Buggar, no' says he. (swears like a sailor off camera does our Antony), "we'd have to report Lawd knows how many crimes then we would. Lose half the bleedin' publishers in a week without that little number'."

"Convenient" about sums it up.

Is it just me, or is the two-witness rule fast becoming the elephant in the room?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit