those sick bastards are winning

by kls 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    told him i could send a letter to the UN for conformation, well that did it he threw a cup and smashed it and looked crazed.

Aren't Jehovahs Witnesses supposed to be "mild mannered people?" I suppose they are until they come up against something for which they have no answers. As far as the library dodge goes, I wish to join a "gentlemans club." I'm sure they have some books laying around I could check out.

If my wife reads this about joining a gentlemans club, I don't really mean it hon. Bug

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

kls, I wish I had the answers for you. Your in the best position to know your mate especially after 29 years! I was fortunate with my wife, first, she wasn't a witness when I married her. Secondly, she saw first hand how I was badly mistreated. Their actions spoke louder than words. "Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good".

I meet many people during my travels and business, and you know what? I do not allow their negative attitudes and disposition affect me personally, that is, CONTROL me! You have a life to live, LIVE it.

Guest 77

• azaria
    azaria

This is my first post so bear with me. I have to say I do worry where the anger could lead. I am not a Witness but both my parents are, and once a month I have to see a Witness through work. I understand the frustration, but I am slowly learning not to let it get to me. I have no control over someone else, only myself and I have learned that I can't win an argument with them (just like you can't win an argument with a teenager-I have one) The best way for me is to stay relatively calm (on the outside anyway) and pray before I see them, to be loving towards them (though I believe you don't have to like them-and to be honest I don't) But I stay in contact with my parents because I do love them-and pray that someday they will see God's Truth, not the Society's truth. My father is a very arrogant man (he says that most people are stupid and ignorant) and my mother has played the victim all her life. It's very sad.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My best advice to you is try to keep calm- dont bother to show him what liars they are -He is blind.If you love him --stay-- tell him calmly & quitely if he gets abusive again you will have to tell the Bothers- As Jehovah doesnt want him to lose his place in the paradize earth- it could come ( by their standards in the next half hour) Reassure him of your love- UNCONDITIONALLY .If your not IN love with him - look for places to move on. As a JW ( in very good standing I would NEVER have suggested this)but since I have come free from mind control I do not believe God wants us to stay in an abusuve marriage. I stayed for over 40 years. But life is to short to suffer for a cult. But dont threaten & then not do it. Keep your moves to yourself. God be with you as you walk this rocky path ((hug)) my 2 cents

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

KLS,

It only proves how it really is the wrong religion. The true word of God makes very positive changes in people because they KNOW and follow Jesus example in everything.....including attitude. How can they possible act like Jesus when they don't know Jesus personally?? Sure, they know ALL ABOUT HIM..... but they really don't ......know HIM!!

It is evident by the way he threw his saucer and cup and rants and raves like a child that he does not know or obey God. Would Jesus do that??? I Think not. They are worshiping the wrong God. Their God is the Watchtower....not the one who loves us in the heavens.

Hang in there. I have seen worse ones turn around. I have found that when trying to plant seeds with a JW it is better to question them than to tell them. Know what I mean? Ask him things he can't answer rather than telling him like it is. It will get him thinking to get you the answers.

I remember asking my mother if she believed that only Jesus forgives our sins? She said.."oh yes..of corse." Then I asked her, why an ex JW, who had been disfellowshiped, stopped sinning years ago and who asked God to forgive them of their sin cannot enter the kingdom Hall and be welcomed. Why was it up to the elders to decide when the person had repented if they had already done so before God in personal prayer and changed what they had been doing. Then I asked ...."Can you now see why I am confused when I see elders being like confessional priests, when the bible says to confess our sins to Christ?".............. I asked... " Can you help me understand why the bible is different than what is practiced at the kingdom Hall?............................There was just a long pause of silence. A seed was planted. Amen!!

agape love, gold_morning

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Gold morning, you stole my thunder! I agree totally with what you just said. Just in the way that this cult twists people's very humanity and strips it from them is disgusting and shows how this is the farthest from what "god's people" should be like. Attitudes like this are not the exception, I find them to be the norm mong witnesses, especially when discussing their faith.

It is as simple as asking why something that is so truthful could not stand even the slightest scrutiny. If it is "Gods truth" then is should stand up to any feeble "human reasoning". Even if someone is using trickery or lies to discount their faith, as they will automatically claim, shouldn't these "tricks" be easily exposed without the mental gymnastics that they constantly have to go through to defend their beliefs? Barring all logic and reason?

Their religion is a sham, but it is so interwoven into their lives and their mind most of them couldn't bear to learn the truth about it.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear KLS: The poor man is sick. He is not mentally healthy. He has invested so much into the WatchTower fantasy he just can't see his way out. The more you show him it is a work of fiction the worse he will act. It is emotional, like attacking ones beloved mother! You may not be able to do anything with him.

Now what about you? Just as he has invested so much into the J-dud world, you have invested many years in him. You need to weigh in out. Can you deal with this situation? Are you better off with or without him? If you challenge him be prepared for the worst. Only you know the answers. I am sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. But I speak from the heart. A true friend with tell you what you need to hear and not just what you want to hear.

If you want to stay...stay. And leave him be about the J-duds. In the end you have to make up your own mind. I wish you peace, Maverick

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello kls,

I'm sorry to read about your situation.

Here on this board you have received so many suggestions

and I'm sure that they'll be useful to you. Try to be patient

as much as you can bear, remember Kls, :

"The truth can never be hurt by a lie, but a lie can be exposed

by the truth". Take courage, the road is long...

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit