JW's in Greece are pushing Migrants to Convert as a "Way into Europe"

by disfellowshipped1 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• disfellowshipped1
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

How would this help them get into Europe and I would think other churches that offer money and things these people need would be far more attractive to the refugees.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi disfellowshipped1!

Greek JW's pressure Syrian Refugees to Convert

See AndersonsInfo's posting regarding this Al Jazeera report:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6031950655520768/jws-accused-pressuring-syrian-refugees-northern-greece-convert-far-40-have-converted

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CRAZYGUY:

You are right that other churches are more attractive in what they can deliver materially.

But, I'm guessing the JWs are also making promises that people will be taken "care of" (a lie) and also that it is a "brotherhood" (another lie). I remember empty promises I heard years ago: that as long as you are associated with the Witness religion you never have to worry. Thankfully, I didn't buy that.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

A job in Greece, a house in Greece. why not?

Because the cult could destroy families

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5698284880396288/begged-xelder-talk-shunned-daughter
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Ever hear of the term "Rice Christians"? "Rice Christian is a term used, usually pejoratively, to describe someone who has formally declared himself/herself a Christian for material benefits rather than for religious reasons. The term comes from Asian countries, such as India, China and Japan." (Dictionary definition)

Maybe the 40 who converted are "Rice Christians." I wouldn't blame them if they are in that the JWs take good care of their Bible Studies who convert (I know I did), and will get them out of the refugee camp and help them to get settled in a new life in Greece. In fact, it might be fascinating to see thousands of refugees take JWs offer to get them housing, jobs, money, etc. Let's see then if JWs will put their money where their mouths are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit