Can we support Russian government's ban?

by intropist 17 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

No doubt the label extreme they brought on themselves and are being called out on it by a totalitarian state. But things need to be done the way they are in Australia not Russia.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Why am I not surprised someone down voted my rational comment? Fascists aren't rational, I guess.

• tor1500
    tor1500

&&&

How come the Society didn't ask us to write letters to the ARC to stop the persecution of the org. via folks who say they were abused but the Society says they were not or that it's Satan, or the 2 witness rule was not upheld.....whatever, why no letters to Australia....if these cases didn't take place....why did they pay off...because if the friends really dug deep and many of them know of instances where there was knowledge of an Elder/Brother abusing a child and nothing was done about it....a couple of friends I know are angry with how the org. handled a matter concerning their child regarding child abuse but still stay in the org....many of the friends will put two and two together and figure hey maybe the org is hiding something....that's why they are laying low regarding the ARC...

Because it's not persecution, it's the Truth being finally exposed about the truth.....

Tor

• intropist
    intropist

As a matter of fact, I was the very extremist since I, in my early 20's, decided to be imprisoned in jail for 3 years as a Conscientious Objector of JW which was definitely not conscientious but religious in nature .

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Here is an article on Right Wing Watch on the subject of Russia and the Witnesses.

• Steel
    Steel

I just love the fact elders are going to be called into backroom meetings , harassed and have secret files made about there activities by the russian police. I really hope the irony isn't lost on them.

The part I hate is boy this is going to encourage the ubers like nothing we have seen in our lifetime. Every fucking week it's going to be double field service for our poor Russian brothers under restrictions and the money they are going to be begging for. Yuck

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Interesting topic intropist.

I once considered sending them a letter myself sharing my experience with the JWorg and expressing my concern about how dangerous their thinking is. Then I realized the absurdity of it they're both communist regimes and naturally they are going to come in conflict with each other I am just glad to live in a more civilized part of the world. More than that though it brings joy to me to see the JWorg under pressure supporting there ban would support the thinking the JWorg use against us. What's needed is more freedom and disclosure, and the allowance for the average person to logically determine how there life should be lived. Perhaps one day more people will be able to live without bans in cooperation with their neighbors, but that is going to take a lot more people standing up for themselves.

• hybridous
    hybridous

As much as I have come to loathe this awful cult, I cannot applaud heavy-handed government sanctions against it.

I don't want it to be seen as any kind of 'forbidden fruit', because in my experiences, people will crawl over broken glass on their hands and knees to have that which is denied them. Given the amount of victims the JW cult has created, I think it's a grievous tactical error to afford it a narrative where it gets to assume the role of victim.

Shine a bright light on it and let the roaches scatter. Make this 'religion' a matter of open inquiry and let the chips fall...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit