2017 JW Conventions

by Christian Gutierrez 17 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

steve2: Unless I have missed something, the question was about numbers attending conventions, not publisher numbers.

The OP said that the trend was to have less assemblies (not less attendance)

This is FAKE NEWS.

i believe the trend is to have MORE assembly venues / dates - yes they're smaller, but number-wise they're more assemblies venue and date-wise

I await with interest how the OP backs up the claim - and as I said above, the exception is when a country holds a 'Special Convention'.

And notice how the OP's opening post has '4 likes' from forum members here - yes, that's how fake news works - it panders to confirmation bias - you make a statement, with no proof, that people want to hear, they want it to be true <sigh>

(BTW I listed the 'rounded' publisher numbers to give the number of venues some context in terms of increase, that's all - the 2017 is just the 2016 publisher figure rounded-up)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WOW! I haven't even given consideration that those "long-awaited" dates and convention assignments have been released -- a couple of months ago!!! OMG! How will we ever get to reserve rooms in the best hotels since we we not able to call for reservations on the first day of the announcement???

I guess this is just an example of how much things have changed for us. I don't give a r@ts @ss about the convention dates, the convention city, the convention lodging list, etc. and especially -- about the convention!!

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Theres one at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto - Never seen that before.

But I have only been living in Canada for 9 years.

I can only imagine how much that costs to rent out !!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks darkspilver for clarifying what was said. I agree. After checking JW org for New Zealand, there will be about 10 conventions at the 2027 Regional Convention in contrast to the past when there were at most 5. And the main venue is the South Auckland Assembly Hall with a seating capacity of 1,127. Two other venues are in the lower North Island st the usual venue and one in the South Island.

BTW, correct grammar is fewer assemblies, not less assemblies - although I suspect the latter incorrect use is gaining currency.

• steve2
    steve2

No editing provision currently, so will have to add my self-correction to a new post: Typo 2027. Of course I was referring to this year's convention - 2017.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Saskatoon and Winnipeg usually have one each. This year, none in all of Sask. nor Manitoba. That is a long drive for the prairie faithful.

No doubt some will miss and be turned into salt.

• Mikh
    Mikh

Maybe the JWs in Sakatchewan and Manitoba will come out for the one in Toronto. Lots of space in the Rogers Centre, or is it the ACC?

• paladin1
    paladin1

I have an update here in Canada. I attended the Edmonton RC on July 21 - 23. The Saturday morning attendance was 13,990 and 90 baptised. Eight adults and the rest were young adults and teenagers. Sunday morning attendance was 14,268 and Sunday afternoon was 14,558. The total Canadian attendance at 15 conventions came to 101,033 with a total of 663 baptisms. Can I have a ratio rating? Thanks.

What got my attention was the amount of baptisms for our area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit