E-MAIL Shepherding during Covid stay at home

by wannabefree 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

My wife is getting regular emails from the COBE ... you know we have the truth, the world is in the dark, we're special, hang in there, read this encouraging Watchtower ... blah blah blah ... just wondering if these are coordinated from Org.

Recent mass email example ...

" .... an excellent Watchtower article in the July 2020. It is entitled “Be Convinced That You Have the Truth”. The scripture is from 2 Tim 3:14. We are to continue in the things we have learned and be persuaded to believe. Reflect for a moment what appealed to you about the truth which drew you to Jehovah. .... "

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Yep...I've got my share of elders wanting to invite themselves over for a 'zoom shepherding call'. Rather than be a benefit for the rank & file...it's meant mostly to keep the servant body busy. My continued reply to them: "Please...like I told so n so last time he called...don't call me, I'll call you!"

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I have set my email to reject any incoming mail from the elders as SPAM.

• jp1692
    jp1692

The think they have "the Truth," but we have: The Truth About The Truth!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I'm pretty sure this push is coming from the governing body. When I was in it and an elder back in 2001 I got a call from an elder in a nearby cong. who gave me the message to spread the message of hope and comfort citing a script. about Jah being a god of comfort. For sure the Org was involved.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

We got letters and many whatsapp messages with strange jw story's and today a crying family member begging us to return to jw.org

It cost us a lot of energy, these nonsens.

G.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes a pimo friend is getting hammered with jw propaganda. Told her to get another email address

That's the reason I never gave them my email when I re-connected with the religion.

I also tell them I don't do zoom as I only have limited data. I'm in Australia.

Another pimo friend in my area is doing the same.

perfect time to fade in my opinion..

jtg

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I believe elders are being told to keep in touch at this time. I have yet to see it around here though.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Not seen it with my wife yet. Perhaps a text or two but that's about it.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

General WT priorities regarding shepherding IMO:

1. Men who do stuff for them for free.(a)

2. Anyone who looks like they are leaving and might do stuff for free or give stuff or money if they stay in.(a)

(a) Women are second class citizens/property of men, and we have too many of them anyway. If their husband is faded, the wife will most likely fade, so don't waste your time.

Most of our shepherding falls under #1. Will you do this for us? Will you do that for us? I mean that they combine, or count begging my husband to do things as shepherding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit