Ex wife getting a heart operation

by greenhornet 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Encourage your kids to study these two resources, commit as much as possible to memory, and discuss the main points with her using questions to draw her out.

http://ajwrb.org/watchtower-approved-blood-transfusions

http://ajwrb.org/do-jehovahs-witnesses-really-abstain-from-blood

Ultimately, they have to respect her choice, but they certainly have both a right, and a responsibility to try and be sure that it is an informed, and voluntary choice. The same can be said of the doctor that is treating her.

• Landy
    Landy
    It make me sick how she makes sure her non JW children can not make life saving choices for her.

I certainly don't agree with the no blood policy, but I do feel strongly that we all have the individual right to believe what we want and make our own decisions.

Offer her advice, tell her calmly how they feel but understand that it has still got to be her choice and then respect it. Don't let it ruin their relationship.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

About ten years ago I had open-heart surgery - repair of mitral valve prolapse. In my case my own valve was left in - reinforced with a plastic ring.

I made sure my doctors knew that I was PERFECTLY WILLING to receive blood if it was necessary - in fact I had a couple pints of my own blood collected for the occasion so I wouldn't have to worry about getting blood from someone with HIV, Hep-C, or who-knows-what?

Turns out NOT A SINGLE DROP OF BLOOD WAS USED at any time before, during or after my operation. The procedures and efficiencies have progressed tremendously in the past 60 years, it is the WTB&TS that is standing still.

• Landy
    Landy
    Turns out NOT A SINGLE DROP OF BLOOD WAS USED at any time before, during or after my operation. The procedures and efficiencies have progressed tremendously in the past 60 years,

They have, and blood isn't used for no reason as it's an expensive and scarce resource.

Not every operation and recovery goes exactly to plan, especially where the elderly are concerned, and when blood is needed, it's needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit