Is it that time already?????????

by plmkrzy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I got a message today that someone called to talk to me.

Someone from the KH. It's been close to a year now that anyone has contacted me. Kinda through me for a min. Then I thought of the memorial. It must be about that. But this is only March.

Is anybody getting shepherding calls about the memorial yet? Just wondering. I don't know if I want to return the call or not.

The person who called was someone I did like and did get closer to in comparison to anyone else in this particular KH. But still. It’s been almost a year already.

plum

• Gopher
    Gopher

Plum,

You may be in the crosshairs of the official 3-month campaign to "weed out" the inactive JW's. Under the guise of attempting to reactivate inactive ones (and thus possibly increase memorial attendance), the WT Society is directing the bodies of elders to reach all inactive ones prior to the Memorial. During the visit, if hesitation to return to regular meeting attendance is noted, the elders will ask if you want to be a JW or if you believe that JW's are God's organization, something along those lines. Any negative answer would likely result in being stamped as "disassociated".

They can't have these inactive JW's out here reading the Internet and such, and then feeding their JW friends and relatives with apostate information actual facts about the WT organization. You know that inactive ones are supposedly pulling JW's away from God's one true organization!!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Our Beautiful Plum,

If you do not intend to be a JW anymore then do not return the call.

Why should you go through all the indignities the rest of us have?

Why follow their rules and play their cruel games?

Someone you liked called and that is a trap!

My middle child who is only 12 just started getting shunned by some of her so-called friends! She was a publisher not baptized yet and still her a little girl! It was started by an ADULT Woman!!

This sister heard my daughter showed a young publisher in the insight book that all Christians were anointed and this sister had a cow!! She didn’t even try to correct my daughter and see her reaction! Because I am dissed she just started telling parents and now my poor baby is shunned!

She still has some of her friends in other congs who haven’t heard yet but my little gurl cried and cried for days! The father of her crush forbade the boy to speak to her anymore and her best friend also cannot speak with her!

These people are heartless and will use what ever they can to get you!

So avoid them 1 st . They wont even care what their own literature says……they only care if their congs are clean!

Hmmmm….sorry…ranted on your thread….well…no refunds…

Gotta luvz ya beauty,

U_R

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Plum,

Hi, just saw your post, and wondered what I might do. If the person was someone that I was close to at one time, then I might return the call. You never know. This person could be reaching out to you for an entirely different matter. You are strong. Returning the call still puts you in charge.

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Plum,

The LAST time my sister felt compelled to invite me to the memorial, I responded in kind and invited her to attend a service at my church. That shut her up which is a miracle.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

xjw_b12 of the " Wishing they would call on me " class.

Course it would be a fight between wife and me who would get to the door first !

Aw. what am I saying, she would win, because I would be spending too much time unlocking the guns and loading up the ammo !

• brandi
    brandi

HI Plum- I have been out of the so- called "truth" for 12 years now. After 11 years of not contacting me, they just called me a couple of weeks ago. I ignored it. My suggestion is that you do the same unless you want a lot of grief. After all, even though it was a person you were somewhat close to, why has it taken them a year to call you if they care so much about you? These people are only your friends if you are doing things exactly the way they think you should. Sorry to be so negative but I have had my share of learning experiences with these people! Let us know what happens! Brandi

• Francois
    Francois

As has been noted here in various ways over the months and years, "You can't be walked on unless you lie down first."

Refuse to play by their arrogant rules. They're nothing but bullies, puffed up with the courage of the crowd. Make your own rules. And being the bullies they are, when they are opposed they will crumple.

francois

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Plum. Its a bit rough someone you like rolling up. I dont know whether that would be a plannewd strategy or not on their part. possibly.

A word about the "love" that is within the church. Its true that within a group like the Witnesses, and for that matter the Mormons and pentecostals too, you will meet people who display extraordinary degrees of compassion and "love" towards you. My mother always talked about some of the amazingly compassionate and caring people she knew in the church. It seems that within the cult there are extremes of feeling. Extreme displays of affection or Christian compassion, and extreme degrees of animosity too. Always remember that the cult polarizes the feelings of love and hate, that to the extreme degree that they can show you love, so to that degree can they show you hate if they decide you are an enemy. Emotions within the cult are not SPONTANEOUS, they love as they are told to and if they are told not to love you any more they will cut you dead. There might be people who are personally fond of you and these will look mournfull and be "hurt" that you are no longer a desirable associate, but they will still cut you dead anyway. Because they are told to.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

gopher

You may be in the crosshairs of the official 3-month campaign

You are kidding right? A real 3 month campaign?

if hesitation to return to regular meeting attendance is noted,

One would think that it should have been noted before they got there. LOL! However, I guess they have to go through the formalities and all. Make it “official”Exactly who are they stamping foreheads for anyway? So God doesn't get us mixed up? When are they going to realize that they don't have the power to decide who is "rightous enough" ?

I wonder if this might be an example of "suddenly being aware of ones concience"? As in "Forced awareness"? What a big suprise that would be for everyone that participated in shunning others because they didn't measure up to the standards of what the society dictated.

U_R

My middle child who is only 12 just started getting shunned by some of her so-called friends!

What possible foundation could they have for shunning a 12 year old?

No offense to those who may be from Massachusetts, but sometimes a lot of them behave like they are from the witch-hunt error.

Hmmmm….sorry…ranted on your thread….well…no refunds…

Rant all you want

(((((((((((Hugs to you and your daughter)))))))))))

sentinieal

If the person was someone that I was close to at one time, then I might return the call. You never know.

That’s what sticks in the back of my mind. I feel like I am being rude by not returning the call. On the other hand, I am reminding myself, that’s what I feel because it is a normal thing to feel. I don’t know, I think about it and toss it back and fourth, then I think, why am I tossing it back and fourth? I shouldn’t have to feel like that.

The reason I drifted away in the first place was because I could not conform. It feels like being put in a cage. Like a circus animal. I felt caged all the time. I KNOW I wasn't the only one that felt that way. I noticed plenty of reactions from plenty of witnesses, and often, of feeling inferior for something they did or even something they may have thought, expressed or not.

I wore a mood ring to the ministry school meeting one evening. It took about 20 min. for someone to point out to me that I shouldn't be wearing it. It was worldly symbolizim. A ring that condones the practice of witchcraft.

GEESH! It was a RING! Guilty of changing color with body temp. THAT IS ALL.

I never used it in any of my spells! HAhahaha. Besides, didn't God make it in the first place?

LOL@ DJ & xjw_b12

brandi

After 11 years of not contacting me, they just called me a couple of weeks ago.

why has it taken them a year to call you if they care so much about you?

This is true. I considered that. But then again, I’m not the easiest person to contact. LOL. But again, if someone REALLY wanted to contact me, it wouldn’t be impossible.

Sorry to be so negative

You shouldn’t be sorry. They only reason I put up this thread was because I was feeling negative about the whole thing and it bothered me.

I still have people in my life I consider friends who are JWs. None in the KH I last attended. But from the KH’s I attended many years ago. When ever I talk to them they will ask me if I made it to the memorial, or did I make it to the last convention, etc. If I say no I didn’t, they might tell me about it or change the subject.

The thing is in this KH, I was still considered a newbie. I only attended this one for a couple of years. Some moved here from other congregations where other family members of mine attended, so they “feel” like they know me.

It’s a strange situation. They also treated me, or I should say, I felt they treated me, with expectations of being on some sort of spiritual level that I wasn’t accepting or playing up to. I should be an example instead of a confused idiot. I had a bit of a sarcastic mouth that had a habit of blurting out things that had no place to fit in. “Rebelling” Whatever.

Francois

"You can't be walked on unless you lie down first."

True. It does help to be bigger though. LOL.

Right now, I feel completely surrounded by bullies. I need to grow a few more thorns to compensate for my shortness. LOL

RF

Emotions within the cult are not SPONTANEOUS

This gave me an instant vision of the ministry school. 15 min. of instructing the publishers to get out their Rolodex and start making those calls. The times are getting shorter every day that goes by and did they do their part in bringing in the lost sheep. After all, they don’t want Jehovah angry with them because they missed a sheep for the blue-light special at K-Mart.

Guilt guilt guilt.

It is sad thinking about how many plastic friendships have been left by the wayside over the years.

I don’t know yet what I will end up doing. I will probably just forget about it. It’s possible I could get another call. I hate getting calls with a surprise on the other end of the line

Thanks all for the responses!

plum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit