Governments should not under-estimate the potential danger-health that the G.B.pose for the community of Jehovah`s Witnesses

by smiddy3 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4)

Its not such a big stretch of the imagination to think that Jim Jones or David Koresh used such reasoning to convince their followers to do what they did, to have absolute faith in what they were saying was from GOD

Governments should be concerned about this growing trend to have blind faith in what religious leaders expect from their followers.

It is well documented around the world how the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses have influenced their members to deny life saving blood transfusions for themselves and they will also go to great lengths to prevent their children from getting such life saving treatment.

It`s just a matter of time before they cross the line and a tragedy occurs.

All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4)

If that`s not a red flag for some impending potential human tragedy I don`t know what is.

Edit to say :Freeman and Berg also come to mind

smiddy

• zeb
    zeb

Perhaps.

Time to go to the 'promised land' be prepared to be mobile. Sell up your house and big possessions and send us the money and as we are gods chosen he/we will see to it you are looked after....

such a situation would mean a huge number of people suddenly dumped onto the welfare systems of the countries they are in and probably receiving hostile reaction (persecution persecution!!) when the predicted thing didn't happen.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I've wondered also if, somewhere, in the authorities 'things to keep an eye on' file, they have some notes about JWs / the WT. After all, they have the fairly recent experience of Jim Jones and David Koresh. But these only amounted to about 1000 people or so. While, here, you have a group of 8 million +-. And to be given such a vague directive or tentative marching order, and during such times of religious extremism?

It makes me wonder what the authorities might make of it. It also makes me wonder about the sanity/motives of the GB to make such statements under these circumstances. In past times the order of the day was to not draw such attention. As Jesus said, 'be cautious as serpents but innocent as doves.'

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

A chilling quote from my mother. She used to say all the time:

If the Watchtower magazine said that the sky is green, then our eyes are wrong and it is green.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Here are the Watchtower references, let me know if there are others I should add, TIA:

Watchtower References

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I know everyone says the Witnesses would all drink the Kool-aid if the time came but I just don't believe that. I was a true drone and I sure as hell wouldn't do it. I don't think most witnesses are in it that deep. You have your zealots in every group, but you can't cure Stupid. I think there would rise up a movement to fight that sort of BS. I have more faith in those sane in the Org that it wouldn't happen. Now the blood thing is a major stretch but if you want to believe in the whole thing that one is long lived and accepted. It is a singular choice and not a mass execution. When it comes down to it most will bail on the idea of letting their child die. Its the wackos that are so inclined.

• sir82
    sir82

I see what you're saying, but it's quite a large leap from Jim Jones directing 900 people in an isolated compound to "drink the Kool-aid", vs. 8 dorks in remote upstate New York using a video stream to tell 8 million+ adherents scattered worldwide to "drink the Kool-aid".

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I was in, an elder used to tell me that we may be instructed by the WT to go to some remote islands to get saved, when Armageddon happens. Was quite thrilled by that, at that time.

• zeb
    zeb

EA.

I had similar understandings once.

I recall reading of an American who saw WW2 coming up and thought I had enough the first time I will find a little island and sit it out there and he did. The island he picked is still called today Guadalcanal.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY:

I tend to agree with you that the government should keep an eye on the JW religion.

However, I’m not so certain they would go the Jim Jones route, although maybe one person here and there. What I think of is another ‘75 scenario where they sell all their possessions - and then end up on welfare being a burden on responsible taxpayers. History will repeat itself yet again.

There are those that would try to claim the Witnesses are so “moral”. But, in my opinion, people in other Christian groups (and some others) are every bit as moral as Jehovah’s Witnesses CLAIM to be.

I feel JWs are an undesirable religion because they turn out dysfunctional people. Just about the only ones responsible there are those who came into the religion after they got an education or job... The religion discourages education and thus promotes poverty. (I can personally attest to this matter of them being anti-education/anti-career.)

It encourages its members to be disconnected from society in general. They will not be charitable or help or bother with anybody unless they are a potential convert. Plus, I believe it causes or exacerbates mental illness and phobias. I developed a little OCD from being in this religion.

For these reasons and more, the religion should be viewed suspiciously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit